Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Collection of 72 separately written accounts of Parliamentary debates, political law-cases, diplomatic correspondence, etc., bound together in two volumes. Most (perhaps all) are near-contemporary copies of the originals.
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
This collection consists of family papers, correspondence, bound books, and various other material of the Sotheby family of Pocklington, Yorkshire, England
Collection of volumes and loose items pertaining to the Star Chamber, a court that existed in England at the Palace of Westminster from approximately the 15th century through 1641, when it was abolished by the Long Parliament.
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- England 1
- France 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1649 1
- Legal documents -- England -- Early works to 1800 1
- Scotland 1 ∧ less
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649 1
- Elizabeth, Queen of England, I, 1533-1603 1
- England. Court of Star Chamber 1
- Great Britain. Parliament 1
- Hudson, William, 1577 or 1578-1635 1