Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Marilyn Stokstad joined the Art History faculty at the University of Kansas in 1958 and led the department in several roles before earning emerita status as the Judith Harris Murphy Distinguished Professor of Art History. This collection of her papers includes notes, chapters, and proofs for the textbook Art History, family history and photographs, personal and professional correspondence, and reports and notes related to the University of Kansas.
The collection includes several photographs, personal and professional letters, and other writings by authors, artists, American presidents, nobility, royalty, and other notable persons from the United States, British Isles, and Continental Europe, compiled by Robert B. Riss. English translations for some of the writings in other languages are included, as well as some labels and bookseller information. Links to digital versions for most items in this collection are also included.
- Art -- History -- Study and teaching 1
- Autographs -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Mural painting and decoration, Norwegian 1
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain) 1
- Helen Foresman Spencer Museum of Art 1
- Riss, Loretta D. 1
- Riss, Robert B. (Robert Bailey), 1927-2005 1
- Stokstad , Marilyn, 1929-2016 1
- Chinese 1
- French 1
- Norwegian 1