Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection contains various histories of the community of Hesper in Douglas County, Kansas. Included are histories of the Hesper Academy and the Hesper Friends Church, as well as biographies of Davis family members who were early Hesper settlers and witnesses to William Quantrill's August 1863 raid on the nearby town of Lawrence.
Notebook containing an autobiography, dated July 2, 1931, with a biographical sketch of Homer Winslow Davis, an autobiographical sketch of Emma Stubbs Davis, and a history of the Hesper monthly meeting dating from circa 1955. Clippings (including obituaries), annotated map of New Orleans and vicinity, a family genealogy, and two pieces of correspondence accompany manuscript.
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Genealogy 2
- Hesper (Kan.) -- History 2
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 2
- Eudora (Kan.) -- History 1
- Human services -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Public welfare -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Schools -- Kansas -- Douglas County -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Kansas -- History 1 ∧ less
- Friends Church (Hesper, Kan.) 2
- Hesper Academy (Hesper, Kan.) 2
- Watson, Mildred Davis 2
- Council of Social Agencies (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Davis family. 1