Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection of Deane Emmet Ackers papers contains official papers, certificates, and medals from Ackers' military service in World War I; two scrapbooks which document Ackers' long civilian career as a leader in the utility industry; and records of Ackers' death and funeral service.
A single color print of a portrait of Dwight D. Eisenhower. Portrait taken by Peter Berkeley. The portrait originally came with a note saying it was accompanied by a print of the law creating the Eisenhower Library in Abilene, Kansas.
Audio recording on phonograph of a speech given by Dwight Eisenhower, at this time Chief of Staff of the Army, about the end of World War II and the strength of the civilans after the soldiers coming home. Mention of war parade in Abilene, Kansas and that American values needed to be upheld after the war.
This group of collected material contains photocopies of correspondence among Albert T. Reid, Charles Hanger, and Dwight Eisenhower regarding the creation of an Eisenhower monument in Abilene, Kansas, as well a reproductions of awards and recognitions bestowed on Dwight Eisenhower.
The William Lindsay White Collection contains career correspondence and manuscripts of author and journalist William Lindsay White and his father, Pulitzer Prize-winning editor and author William Allen White. Included also are papers of William Lindsay White's mother Sallie Lindsay White and of his grandparents, Dr. Allen White and Mary Ann Hatten White.
- Abilene (Kan.) -- History 1
- Business enterprises -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Emporia gazette (Emporia, Kan. : 1892) 1
- Journalists -- Kansas 1
- Journalists -- United States 1
- Politicians -- Kansas 1
- War correspondents -- United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 1 ∧ less
- Ackers, Deane Emmett, 1893-1966 1
- Berkeley, Peter 1
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 1
- Darby, Harry, 1895-1987 1
- Dos Passos, John, 1896-1970 1
- Ferber, Edna, 1887-1968 1
- Gibson, Harry 1
- Hanger, Charles 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Hulbert, Mary Allen, 1862-1939 1
- Kansas Power and Light Company 1
- Landon, Alfred M. (Alfred Mossman), 1887-1987 1
- Murphy, Franklin D., 1916-1994 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913 -1994 1
- Reid, Albert Turner, 1873-1955 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Wallace, DeWitt, 1889-1981 1
- White family. 1
- White, William Lindsay, 1900-1973 1
- Willkie, Wendell L. (Wendell Lewis), 1892-1944 1
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 1 ∧ less