Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Friends in Council of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1871 as a women's organization dedicated to cultural enrichment of its members. The collection includes records of members, constitution with amendments, minutes, and clippings.
A history of the Friends in Council group, read at the sixtieth anniversary (1931) at Mrs. Hill's, April 19, 1932. This women's club was founded in 1871 in Lawrence, Kansas.
These papers of Lawrence, Kansas resident Mervyn Anderson document her active involvement in various service organizations, including the League of Women Voters, Friends in Council of Lawrence, and the University Women's Club of the University of Kansas. Included are clippings and records of her presidency of the Lawrence League of Women Voters and her personal recollections of challenges faced in seeking League support during its early years.
This collection consists of copied and original correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other related materials regarding the life of Oscar Eugene Learnard, his family, and the early history of Lawrence, Kansas.
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 2
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 2
- Burlington (Kan.) -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- Anderson, Mervyn, 1899-1996 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Crawford, Elizabeth Ticknor 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Kansas City, Fort Scott and Gulf Railroad Company 1
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Kansas 1
- Learnard, Mary S., 1842-1932 1
- Learnard, O. E. (Oscar Eugene), 1832-1911 1
- Learnard, Tracy, 1872-1959 1
- Leavenworth, Lawrence, and Galveston Railroad Company 1
- Leonard family 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Republican Party (Kan.) 1
- Unitarian Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- University Women's Club (University of Kansas) 1
- Vietnam Summer (Organization) 1 ∧ less