Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Call Number: RH MS 1145
The Charles S. Scott Papers are those of a prominent native Topeka, Kansas lawyer who focused on civil rights and was one of the plaintiff's lawyers in the landmark Brown vs. the Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas case.
Dates: 1918 - 1989
Call Number: RH MS 9
Overview Doster was a member of the Kansas House of Representatives in 1872, judge of the 25th judicial district, 1887-92, and Chief Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court, 1887-1903. The collection is made up of photocopies of Doster's speeches, correspondence, and other writings, dating from 1913-1933. The speeches are arranged chronologically, followed by the correspondence (1922-1932), miscellaneous writings of Doster (c.1913-1930's), and eulogies written in honor of Roster after his death in...
Dates: 1913 - 1933
- African American lawyers -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Kansas 1
- Civil rights -- Kansas 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Coordinating Committee of the Black Community (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Debs, Eugene V. (Eugene Victor), 1855-1926 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Doster, Frank, 1847-1933 1
- Kansas Office of Minority Business Enterprise 1