Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Collection of photographic prints and postcards showing race relations in Kansas and Oklahoma at the end of the 19th century through the first half of the 20th century. These images were bought in sets by Kenneth Spencer Research Library and compiled into a single collection. The collection also includes some images from the 1908 Springfield, Illinois race war.
Photocopy of a passport for the Grand Klan of the Invisible Empire, Realm of Kansas, expiring June 30, 1928. Original bearer's name marked out, with the address given as Stockton, Kansas.
This copy of a manuscript by Jonathan Carson describes the relationship of the John Brown Anti-Klan Committee and the Black Liberation Army to the robbery of a Brinks armored car on October 20, 1981 in Nyack, New York, where a security guard and two policemen were slain. The manuscript traces the author's own experiences and includes his perspectives of various other political action groups, including the Ku Klux Klan and the Weather Underground.
This collection consists chiefly of Ku Klux Klan membership guides, but also includes communications relating to Klan members of Pierce County, Washington during the 1920s. Included are pamphlets published by and for Women of the Ku Klux Klan, two photographs of a Klan parade float, and a Klan hood from Tacoma, Washington.
This group portrait was taken at a convention between the years 1921 and 1925, the heyday of Ku Klux Klan activity in Kansas. It is possible that this photograph was taken at one of several sites including Topeka, El Dorado, Pittsburg, Emporia, or as suggested by a banner in the photograph, Leavenworth.
James N. Mason has been a notable member of the National Socialist and White Supremacist movements in the United States. This collection contains his personal papers generated from four decades of political activism.
This 93-page report to the United States Commission on Civil Rights by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith describes the activities of racist organizations within the United States, focusing primarily on activities of the Ku Klux Klan from 1978 to 1981. With the report, which is stamped "draft" and "confidential," are copies of correspondence, notes, and memoranda between the Commission and the Anti-Defamation League, obtained from the Commission by Laird Wilcox in 1983.
The collection consists of a copy of "The Kloran," a handbook for the Klu Klux Klan. Includes the following sections: the officers' titles, opening and closing ceremonies, the "naturalization" ceremony, and titles and explanations.
These transcripts are of United States bankruptcy court testimony and subsequent examinations held at Baton Rouge, Louisiana in the case of the United States (plaintiff) vs. the Invisible Empire, Knights of the Ku Klux Klan (defendant). The transcribed testimony on behalf of the Ku Klux Klan and on behalf of entities named in association with it is by Bill Wilkinson, self-identified as Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan and as pastor of the Universal Life Church of Racial Purity.
- Fascism -- United States 2
- White supremacy movements 2
- White supremacy movements -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 2
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- Anti-Semitic literature 1
- Antisemitism 1
- Bank robberies -- New York (State) -- Nyack 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Kansas -- Race relations -- Pictorial works 1
- National Socialism 1
- National Socialism -- United States 1
- Neo-Nazism 1
- Oklahoma -- Race relations -- Pictorial works 1
- Race riots -- Illinois 1
- Racism -- United States 1
- Radicalism -- United States 1
- Rooks County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Tulsa Race Massacre, Tulsa, Okla., 1921 1
- Violence -- United States 1
- White supremacy movements -- United States 1
- White supremacy movements -- Washington (State) -- Pierce County 1
- White supremacy movements -- Washington (State) -- Puyallup 1
- White supremacy movements -- Washington (State) -- Tacoma 1 ∧ less
- Rockwell, George Lincoln, 1918-1967 2
- American Nazi Party 1
- B'nai B'rith. Anti-defamation League 1
- Black Liberation Army 1
- Carson, Jonathan, 1948- 1
- Fromme, Lynette Alice, 1948- 1
- Good, Sandra 1
- John Brown Anti-Klan Committee 1
- Koehl, Matt, 1935- 1
- Lundgren, Paul A. 1
- Manson, Charles, 1934-2017 1
- Mason, James N., 1952- 1
- Metzger, Tom 1
- Moynihan, Michael, 1969- 1
- National Socialist Liberation Front (U.S.) 1
- National Socialist White People's Party 1
- Reynolds, Edwin L. 1
- Schruben, Francis W., Professor 1
- Scoville, John (Collector of white supremacist ephemera) 1
- Tommasi, Joseph, 1951-1975 1
- United States Commission on Civil Rights 1
- United States. Bankruptcy Court (Louisiana : Middle District) 1
- Universal Life Church of Racial Purity 1
- Universal Order (Organization) 1
- Warthan, Perry 1
- Weather Underground Organization 1
- White Aryan Resistance 1
- Wilcox, Laird M. 1
- Wilkinson, Bill, 1942- 1
- Women of the Ku Klux Klan 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1