Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection of speeches, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, audiovisual material, and miscellaneous memorabilia was collected by historian Donald R. McCoy as a result of his research for the biography Landon of Kansas.
George C. Angle, a Republican politician from Bainesville, Kansas, was active as precinct organizer and minor political functionary in the Kansas Republican party. This collection contains correspondence, lists of voters, clippings, minutes of local political conventions, and similar materials related to his political organizing, as well as personal materials, including letters from Fred Clendening, who was a sergeant under Frederick Funston during the Spanish-American War.
This scrapbook documents his campaign for the nomination and his election to the U. S. House of Representatives.
Clippings, dating from December, 1959, to December, 1960, are from newspapers in the Second Congressional District.
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 2
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Bainesville (Kan.) -- History 1
- Campaign literature -- Kansas 1
- Elections -- United States 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Spanish-American War, 1898 1
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 1
- United States -- History -- 1945- 1 ∧ less
- Angle, George C. 1
- Clendening, Fred 1
- Ellsworth, Robert F. 1
- Gleed, Charles S. (Charles Sumner), 1856-1920 1
- Kansas. Legislature 1