Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
These clippings were collected by Sara Robinson, Charles Robinson's wife. The clippings treat the lives of Charles Robinson, John Brown, James H. Lane, and numerous others prominent in Kansas history. There is biographical information about Lawrence residents, local and regional history.
Correspondence, documents relating to Lawrence property and Pike's Peak gold mines, steamship freight bills, papers, etc.
Letter written by Herbert Thompson, a student at the University of Kansas, to his father, Judge M. L. Thompson, about Jim Lane and Governor Robinson.
Sara Robinson's letters to Phebe Stone, her sister-in-law, were written while her husband Charles Robinson was in California. Her letters to Frank Blackmar mention a history written about the University of Kansas, events at the University, books about Kansas, property holdings and taxes, and farm management and expenses.
Manuscript for Governor Charles Robinson of Kansas, by Don W. Wilson, with editorial markings. Published by the University Press of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, in 1975.
The collection of correspondence, documents, and addresses of Charles Robinson, housed in the Kansas Collection, is mainly from the period 1854 to 1861. Robinson was a resident agent for the New England Emigrant Aid Company and an advocate for the Free State, anti-slavery cause. There are items on the founding of the University of Kansas. There are also letters from Mrs. Robinson to F. W. Blackmar, the biographer of Governor Robinson.
Reduced photostat copies of correspondence selected from letter books in the Massachusetts Historical Society
Correspondence selected from letter books in the Massachusetts Historical Society by Prof. Frank E. Melvin. Reduced photostats.
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 4
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Bills of lading -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Deeds -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Farm management -- Records and correspondence 1
- Freight forwarders -- Missouri -- Saint Louis -- Records and correspondence 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Colorado -- Pikes Peak 1
- Governors -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Kansas -- Constitution 1
- Kansas -- History -- Historiography 1
- Kansas -- Maps 1
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawyers -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Correspondence 1
- River steamers -- Missouri River 1
- Scrapbooks -- Kansas 1
- Temperance 1
- Wyandotte (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Lane, James Henry, 1814-1866 3
- Robinson, Sara T. L. (Sara Tappan Lawrence), 1827-1911 3
- Blackmar, Frank W. (Frank Wilson), 1854-1931 2
- Lawrence, Amos Adams, 1814-1886 2
- University of Kansas 2
- Andrews, John Albion 1
- Booth, Edw. 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Collamore, George W., 1818-1863 1
- George, Henry, 1839-1897 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Melvin, Frank Edgar, 1881- 1
- New England Emigrant Aid Company 1
- Robinson, Sara T.L. (Sara Tappan Lawrence), 1827-1911 1
- Simmons & Leadbeater (St. Louis, Mo.) 1
- Stone, Phebe Robinson 1
- Thompson, Herbert, 1871-1929 1
- Thompson, M. L., 1820-1905 1
- Walker, Robert John, 1909- 1
- Wilson, Don W., 1942- 1 ∧ less