Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Letter written by Herbert Thompson, a student at the University of Kansas, to his father, Judge M. L. Thompson, about Jim Lane and Governor Robinson.
James Boucher Shane, a Civil War veteran, settled in Lawrence, Kansas in 1878, where he began to operate a commerical photography business. His daugther, Juno Belle Shane, and her husband, Herbert Thompson, eventually took over the business, which operated until 1953. The collection includes personal records of the Shane family, as well as business records of the Shane-Thompson studio, photographic prints, and glass plate negatives.
- Commericial photography - Kansas - Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Lane, James Henry, 1814-1866 1
- Robinson, Charles, 1818-1894 1
- Shane, James Boucher, 1840-1913 1
- Shane, Missouri Lee, 1846-1906 1
- Shane-Thompson, Juno Belle, 1873-1953 1
- Thompson, M. L., 1820-1905 1 ∧ less