Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The papers of the Shinn Family are those of an African American family from Topeka, Kansas. Though the papers are those of the Arthur M. Shinn family, the majority concern his son Michael G. Shinn's time as a University of Kansas athlete, an engineer, and an advocate of academic and professional opportunities for African Americans.
The Stanley Learned Collection includes twenty-six scrapbooks, dating from 1951 to 1968, of photographs, clippings, and other memorabilia which document Learned's leadership and service activities as an executive of the Phillips Petroleum Company of Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The collection also contains several works authored by Learned, including his student theses from the University of Kansas, certificates of honors awarded him by the University, and two souvenir medallions.
- African American engineers 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Bartlesville (Okla.) -- History 1
- Petroleum industry and trade -- United States -- History 1
- Case Western Reserve University 1
- Conquistadores del Cielo 1
- General Electric Company 1
- Learned family. 1
- Learned, Edmund P. (Edmund Philip), 1900-1991 1