Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The Charles S. Scott Papers are those of a prominent native Topeka, Kansas lawyer who focused on civil rights and was one of the plaintiff's lawyers in the landmark Brown vs. the Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas case.
The Delano E. Lewis papers are those of a Kansas native who was President and CEO of C & P Telephone (Washington, D.C.) and later became President of National Public Radio.
The Elmer C. Jackson papers are those of a native Kansan and prominent Kansas City, Kansas attorney. Jackson was active in numerous local and national organizations, such as the National Bar Association, the Kansas Board of Regents, and Sigma Pi Phi.
The Harvey Family Papers are those of a long time Kansas farming family headed by David and Rebecca Harvey. The papers focus on the Harvey's three sons, Sherman (a lawyer), Grant (a doctor), and Edward (a farmer), all of whom graduated from the University of Kansas.
The I. F. Bradley, Sr. family papers are those of a long time Kansas family, the head of which was a Kansas City, Kansas Justice of the Peace and active in civil rights and politics.
The papers of James P. Davis are those of a Kansas City, Kansas attorney who served in the State House of Representatives and as County Commissioner for the 2nd District of Wyandotte County.
The Sharon Woodson-Bryant papers are those of a native Kansan who is a journalist and public relations professional. They also relate to Woodson-Bryant's family, especially her father, James E. Woodson, who was a Topeka, Kansas-based attorney.
The papers of Sherman Parks are those of a Topeka, Kansas lawyer who was the first African American appointment to a Kansas appellate judgeship when appointed to the Kansas State Court of Appeals. Most ofthe papers and photographs in this collection relate to the Kansas Court of Appeals.
The William D. Harrison Papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who practiced law in Hutchinson, Kansas. They consist of a U.S. Army discharge certificate, a newspaper clipping, and a funeral program. The collection also includes a photograph, located at RH MS-P P602.
- African American lawyers -- Kansas 3
- African American lawyers 2
- African American lawyers -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African American lawyers -- Kansas -- Topeka 2
- African American college students -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American executives 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American farmers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American judges -- Kansas 1
- African American legislators -- Kansas 1
- African American physicians 1
- African American soldiers 1
- African American teachers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American women journalists 1
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Civil rights -- Kansas 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1
- Public radio -- United States 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- Politics and government 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1 ∧ less
- University of Kansas 2
- University of Kansas. School of Law 2
- Washburn University of Topeka 2
- Bradley family. 1
- Bradley, Isaac F., 1862-1938 1
- Bradley, Isaac F., 1895-1975 1
- Chesapeake and Potomac Telephone Company 1
- Coordinating Committee of the Black Community (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Davis, James P., 1927-1979 1
- Harrison, William D., 1891-1952 1
- Harvey family. 1
- Harvey, Dean (Farmer) 1
- Harvey, Edward S., 1870-1953 1
- Harvey, Frederick Grant, -1923 1
- Harvey, Rebecca Brooks, -1918 1
- Harvey, Sherman Allen, 1864-1934 1
- Jackson, Elmer C. (Elmer Carter), 1912- 1
- Jackson, Elmer, III 1
- Kansas Office of Minority Business Enterprise 1
- Kansas University Endowment Association 1
- Kansas. Board of Regents 1
- Kansas. Court of Appeals 1
- Kansas. Supreme Court 1
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity 1
- Lewis, Delano 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Bar Association 1
- National Public Radio (U.S.) 1
- Parks, Sherman A., 1924-1996 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Scott, Charles S., 1921-1989 1
- Scott, Elisha 1
- Topeka High School (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas. Alumni Association 1
- Woodson, James E. (James Edward), -1983 1
- Woodson-Bryant, Sharon 1 ∧ less