Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Billy Q. McCray papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who served in both the Kansas House of Representatives and the Kansas Senate before becoming director of the Kansas Department of Economic Development Office of Minority Business. This collection of McCray's papers includes correspondence from constituents, documents generated by the Education and the Ways and Means Committees, legislation introduced by McCray, and papers of the Kansas Legislature's Minority Caucus.
The papers of Eugene Anderson are those of a long-time resident of Witchita, Kansas who served in both the State House of Representatives (from the 83rd District) and the State Senate (from the 29th District).
J. B. Littlejohn, a longtime Kansas resident, served as a State Representative for Shawnee County from 1977 to 1981; the collection includes a biography and portrait photograph.
The papers of James P. Davis are those of a Kansas City, Kansas attorney who served in the State House of Representatives and as County Commissioner for the 2nd District of Wyandotte County.
The papers of Norman E. Justice document the African American legislator's political career as a nine-term member of the Kansas House of Representatives from the 34th district, and cover the issues that engaged him during four decades of public service.
Sherman Jones, a prominent citizen of Wyandotte County, Kansas, served in the Kansas State Legislature from 1988-2000. His papers consist primarily of material related to his political career during which he served an advocate for social issues representing minorities’ rights, public health, and social welfare.
Theo Cribbs was a member of the Kansas State House of Representatives, representing the Sedgwick County 89th District from 1972-1991. The collection reflects his legislative activities, primarily in the form of correspondence.
The papers of William K. Marshall are those of a native Kansan who became the first African American to represent the 58th District in the Kansas State House of Representatives.
- African American legislators -- Kansas 7
- African American lawyers -- Kansas 1
- African American legislators -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Apartheid -- South Africa 1
- Economic sanctions, American -- South Africa 1
- Investments, American -- Law and legislation -- South Africa 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Minority business enterprises -- Law and legislation -- Kansas 1
- Sedgwick County (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1 ∧ less
- Kansas. Legislature 2
- Anderson, Eugene, 1944- 1
- Cribbs, Theo, 1915-1993 1
- Davis, James P., 1927-1979 1
- Jones, Sherman J., 1935- 1