Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Helen (Lambert) Holmes Papers are those of a long time Wichita, Kansas resident. They focus on her father, Detective William "Bill" Lambert, and uncle Jim Gordon a member of the quartet The Four Tunes.
This black and white photograph copy is of the Johnson Community Chorus Traveling Group, composed of African American singers.
The June Tidwell Sprouls papers are those of a longtime Hutchinson, Kansas resident and musician.
The N. Clark Smith papers are those of a Kansas resident who performed as part of a traveling musical group, worked as band director at a number of schools, and composed and published a number of musical pieces.
The papers of Forrest Slaughter consist of personal and professional records pertaining to his career as an African American jazz musician, music therapist, and school district administrator. Included are minutes of the Topeka Committee for Better Minority Education, which he established.
Nicholas L. Gerren, a Kansas City, Kansas native, was the first African American member of the symphony orchestra at the University of Kansas. As a professional musician and professor of music, he became a leader in music education, as well as an advocate for civic and arts programs. This collection consists of material relating to his personal and professional development, including education records.
The Shirley Brown papers are those of a long time Lawrence, Kansas resident.
William Foster was the band director for Florida A & M University (FAMU) from the 1940s-2001. His papers include material regarding the FAMU Marching 100 band as well as his other professional activities.
- African American musicians 5
- African American composers. 1
- African American families -- Kansas 1
- African American music teachers -- Biography 1
- African American musicians -- Biography 1
- African American musicians -- Correspondence 1
- African American musicians -- Kansas -- Hutchinson 1
- African American musicians -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American police -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- African American scholars -- Biography 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Songs and music 1
- Band directors -- Florida 1
- Bands (Music) -- Florida 1
- Jazz musicians -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Marching bands -- Florida 1
- Minstrel shows 1
- Music therapists -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- Women musicians -- Kansas -- Hutchinson 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Shirley 1
- Evans, Stump, 1904-1928 1
- Florida A & M University Marching Band 1
- Foster, William P. (William Patrick) 1
- Gerren, Nicholas L'Ouverture, 1912-2002 1
- Holmes, Helen Lambert 1
- Lambert family. 1
- Lambert, William, 1897-1961 1
- Reeves, Helen 1
- Slaughter, Forrest Edward, 1922-1995 1
- Smith, N. Clark (Nathaniel Clark), 1877-1933 1
- Sprouls, June Tidwell, 1910?-1993 1
- Sumner High School (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Topeka School District (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Music 1 ∧ less