Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The Black Values and Public Policy Project records are those of a Kansas Committee for the Humanities funded University of Kansas project.
The records in this collection are those of the Topeka, Kansas-based Brown Foundation for Educational Equity, Excellence, and Research, established in 1988 as a tribute to the 1954 Brown v. Topeka Board of Education case and its plaintiffs and participants. These records include general information on the foundation and related subjects and events.
The diploma is Lolabelle Shelton's high school diploma.
This collection consists of research materials used by Katie Armitage for her publications and presentations on African Americans in Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas.
The Minus Gentry Collection pictorially records activities at the Sheldon Kindergarten, which Reverend Charles Sheldon and the Central Congregational Church in the Tennesseetown area of Topeka, Kansas operated from 1893 to 1908.
The Sumner High School records are those of the historically African American high school in Kansas City, Kansas. The records reflect both the school and the school's alumni.
The papers of Zatella R. Turner are those of an African American, native Kansan who was a scholar of and educator in Shakespearian literature.
- African Americans -- Education (Higher) 3
- African American students -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African Americans -- Education 2
- African Americans -- Education -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- Schools -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African American business enterprises -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American children -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American churches -- Kansas 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American students -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Education -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Education -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Employment -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Housing -- Kansas 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Racism -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- History -- 21st century 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation -- United States 1
- Twitter -- Social aspects 1 ∧ less
- Gordon, Jacob U. 2
- University of Kansas 2
- University of Kansas. Department of African and African-American Studies 2
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Armitage, Katie 1
- Black Values and Public Policy Project 1
- Brown Foundation for Educational Equity, Excellence and Research 1
- Central Congregational Church (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Gentry, Minus E. 1
- Gordon, Thelma H., 1944-2017 1
- Kansas Committee for the Humanities 1
- Kansas Congress of Colored Parents and Teachers 1
- Kansas Multicultural Association on Substance Abuse 1
- National Council of African American Men 1
- National Union of Nigerian Students 1
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 1
- Sheldon Kindergarten (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Sheldon, Charles M., 1857-1946 1
- Shelton, Lolabelle 1
- Southern Conference on African-American Studies 1
- Sumner High School (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Sumner High School Alumni Association of Kansas City, Kansas 1
- Sumner High School Parent Teacher Association (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Turner, Zatella R. (Zatella Rowena) 1
- Virginia State College 1
- Virginia State University 1 ∧ less