Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Douglass Hospital Auxiliary records are those of a Kansas City, Kansas organization dedicated to improving the building, equipment, and services of Douglass Hospital through volunteer efforts and fundraising. The records date from 1951 to 1953 and consist of a small number of items, including historical information and clippings. Folder arrangement is alphabetical. Photographs from the collection are located at RH MS-P P661 and oversize materials are at RH MS Q181.
This collection consists of a 5-page typed history of Douglass Hospital in Kansas City, Kansas from 1898 to the mid-1950s, written by Eugene H. Kelly.
The Viola L. (Tyree) Lisben Papers are those of a longtime Kansan who graduated from the Douglass Hospital nurse training program and served as a nurse in the Kansas City area.
- African American nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- Nurses -- Kansas -- Kansas City 2
- African American women -- Kansas -- Kansas City -- Societies and clubs 1
- African Americans -- Hospitals -- Kansas -- History 1
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Auxiliary 1
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Training School 1
- Kelly, Eugene H. 1
- Lisben, Viola Tyree 1
- Robinson, Rosa Alexander 1
- Western University (Kansas) 1 ∧ less