Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The Austin-Frey family papers document a family whose members came to reside in Osage City and Lawrence, Kansas from the late 1800s to the late 1900s.
The Bowers and Bryant Families Papers are those of long time Kansas residents, especially in Lawrence, Kansas and especially focusing on the first half of the twentieth century.
The Cooper-Sheppard-Cox Family Papers are those of an African American family whose members resided in Topeka, Kansas from the late 1800s to the 1970s. The papers document the family line of W. D. (William Damascus) and Mary M. (Overton) Brinkley Cooper, and include papers of Sheppard and Cox family members who married descendants of W. D. and Mary Cooper.
The Dorothy L. Hayes papers are those of a native Kansan and document her life in the first half of the twentieth century.
The Hammond family papers consists of genealogical records of a long time Junction City, Kansas family.
This collection consists of papers and photographs from J. (Joseph) B. Anderson and his wife Pearl, long-time residents of Topeka, Kansas. J. B. Anderson was a popular photographer in that city from the 1940s through the 1970s.
This collection consists of research materials used by Katie Armitage for her publications and presentations on African Americans in Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas.
The Lorenzo Drake family papers are those of a long time Kansas City, Kansas family headed by Lorenzo and Rosa Anna [Smith] Drake.
Collection of tintypes, cabinet cards, memorial cards, and other mounted photographs of African Americans from Ottawa, Franklin County, Kansas. Many photographs are unidentified or tentatively identified, and very few are dated, but they probably all date from the last half of the 19th century. Photographers are noted in the finding aid when known.
The Stovall family were residents of Leavenworth, Kansas from the 1940s-1990s. The collection is comprised of material assembled by Gertrude Stovall and related to church organizations in Kansas and Washington state, as well as collected documents regarding family members, published material from the family library, and photographs.
The Washington-Kemp Family Papers are those of a longtime Kansas family. They focus mainly on the Mayhew and the Bassett family branches located in Southeast Kansas.
Native Kansan Willard Johnson, Sr, was born near Leavenworth, Kansas and became a leading bacteriologist. His son, Willard Johnson, Jr., became a professor of political science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The collection includes records and manuscripts of several Johnson family members.
- African American families -- Kansas 4
- African Americans -- Kansas 3
- African American families -- Kansas -- Leavenworth 2
- African American families -- Kansas -- Topeka 2
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Leavenworth 2
- African American business enterprises -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American churches -- Kansas 1
- African American college students -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Junction City 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Ottawa -- Photographs 1
- African American freemasons -- Kansas 1
- African American photographers 1
- African Americans -- Education 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- History 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Junction City -- History 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Ottawa -- Photographs 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Topeka -- History 1
- African Americans -- Portraits 1
- Franklin County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Ottawa (Kan.) -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. Delta Chapter (University of Kansas) 1
- Anderson, J. B. (Joseph B.) 1
- Anderson, Pearl Gatewood, 1909-1980 1
- Armitage, Katie 1
- Austin family. 1
- Bassett family. 1
- Bowers family. 1
- Bowers, Ella, 1871- 1
- Bowers, James L., 1884-1949 1
- Bryant family. 1
- Bryant, Della E. 1
- Bryant, James 1
- Cooper (Family : Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Cooper, Emma Ellene, 1889-1972 1
- Cooper, W. D. (William Damascus), 1861-1965 1
- Cox (Family : Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Cox, E. Beth (Elene Beth), 1946-1998 1
- Cox, Henrietta Sheppard, 1919-2004 1
- Cox, Josiah Clark, 1914-1995 1
- Cox, Thomas C. 1
- Drake family. 1
- Drake, Lorenzo, 1876?- 1
- Drake, Rosa Anna Smith, 1885- 1
- Frey family. 1
- Frye family. 1
- Hammond family. 1
- Hammond, Mervyn E., 1933- 1
- Hammond, Mervyn E., 1955-2014 1
- Hammond, Robert N., 1905-1978 1
- Hammond,, Joseph C., 1866-1935 1
- Hayes, Dorothy L. 1
- Heroines of Jericho of the United States and Bahamas, Prince Hall Affiliates. Prince Hall Grand Court (Kan.) 1
- Hill, Pearl G., 1910-1994 1
- Jackson, Darlene 1
- Johnson family. 1
- Johnson, Willard R., 1935- 1
- Kemp family. 1
- Mayhew family. 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Prince Hall Grand Chapter (Kan.) 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Rebecca Chapter No. 8 (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Shepard family. 1
- Sheppard (Family : Topeka, Kan.) 1
- Sheppard, Elizabeth, 1878-1950 1
- Stovall family. 1
- Stovall, Gertrude 1
- Washington family. 1
- Washington-Kemp, Rose A., 1933-2005 1 ∧ less