Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The Charles F. McAfee papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who began an award-winning Wichita, Kansas architecture firm.
This handwritten 11-page biographical sketch of Kansas architect John Gideon Haskell (1832-1907) gives a brief account of Haskell's New England ancestry and sketches his distinguished career achievements in Kansas, including his service as state architect and as quartermaster general. The biography is unsigned and undated, though the content dates to approximately 1900.
This collection contains drawings and designs done by John Lee during his time as a practicing architect, materials that relate to his time teaching at the University of Kansas, and his involvement in building restoration around downtown Lawrence, Kansas, particularly his involvment in the restoration of the Union Pacific Depot. This collection also includes materials from his bicycling hobby and influence in a cycling club on KU's campus.
John Gideon Haskell / [compiled by] Watson Library. -- Lawrence, Kansas, 1944.
This collection contains the drawings and plans of designs by Robert W. Hess during his time as a practicing architect, focusing on his work in Kansas, Washington, California, and a few other geographical areas. The collection also includes some material from his student work, as well as an autobiographical account of his career.
This collection contains drawings and blueprints done by Warren Corman during his time in private practice, working at the Office of Warren Corman, the Office of Williamson and Corman, and the Office of Howells-Hale-Corman, all located in Topeka, Kansas. The collection consists of drawings of local residences and houses, as well as records related to the research and design of White Memorial Camp for the United Church of Christ in Council Grove, KS.
- Architects -- Kansas 4
- Architects -- Kansas -- Biography 2
- African American architects -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- Architects -- California 1
- Architectural firms -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- Architecture -- Designs and plans 1
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century 1
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Designs and plans 1
- Historic preservation -- Kansas 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1 ∧ less
- Haskell, John Gideon, 1832-1907 2
- Charles F. McAfee (Firm) 1
- Corman, Warren, 1926- 1
- Hess, Robert W., 1926-2013 1
- Lee, John, 1945 May 12- 1