Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
A single diary, probably for the years 1863-1867, includes entries from a soldier who might have been named John Adams and might have served with the 2nd Kansas Volunteer Cavalry during the American Civil War. The volume also includes what appears to be financial accounts with individuals in Trading Post, Linn County, Kansas from after the war.
Most of the correspondence included in this collection is from Stillwell to his father, Jeremiah O. Stillwell. These letters, dating from January, 1863 to the end of December, 1863, relate Stillwell's military experience to his father. Later correspondence, dating from 1898 to 1920, is from various political figures to Stillwell asking for favors, endorsements, or his opinions.
- Judges -- Correspondence 1
- Linn County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Mississippi -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Trading Post (Linn County, Kan.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, American 1 ∧ less
- Adams, John (Civil War Soldier) 1
- Capper, Arthur, 1865-1951 1
- Curtis , Charles, 1860-1936 1
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924 1
- Stillwell, Leander, 1843-1934 1