Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Invitation to a book party celebrating the publication of Alice Walker's collection of short stories, You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down, at the Women's Building in San Francisco, California.
The journal is the author's archives, presumably from when she was located in New York City: collection of carbons and drafts of letters, notes, journals, editorial work, etc. Includes much personal material. The two reel to reel tapes are recordings of Di Prima's poetry, and the "absurd" play was written in the round during the fall or winter of 1959 in pencil in several hands (bookseller indicates the play was by "Diane Di Prima, Freddie Herko, and James Waring").
John C. Tibbetts was a University of Kansas alumnus and later taught in the Department of Film and Media Studies at the University. This collection consists of over 200 portraits of musicians, writers, and other notable figures, in gouache and pen and ink, done by Tibbetts. Each portrait is signed or inscribed by its subject(s). Tibbetts painted thousands of portraits of the subjects he interviewed during his time working in television and radio.
Letter from writer Frances Parkinson Keyes to Miss Alice H. Dains of Lawrence, Kansas. The letter appears to be in response to a letter of Dains' and concerns the "flounder house" style of building that appears in one of Keyes' novels. 1 sheet, with envelope.
This bibliographical checklist covers the years 1924-1974 and was prepared by her daughter, likely in Columbus, Ohio in 1976.
Author's archives: fair copies (typed). Includes manuscripts and correspondence. Topics include Paris, D. H. Lawrence, philosophy, etc.; the correspondence is mostly letters from Henry Miller to Graham Ackroyd.
William Burroughs (1914-1997) was a prominent writer and countercultural figure associated with the "Beats." This collection includes correspondence, copies of the My Own Mag magazine and materials related to its production, and other related materials.
- Authors, American -- 20th century 4
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Manuscripts 3
- Women authors 2
- Actors -- Portraits 1
- African American women authors 1
- American literature -- Kansas 1
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- Authors -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Portraits 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Big Sur (Calif.) -- Intellectual life 1
- Invitation cards -- California -- San Francisco -- Specimens 1
- Literary agents -- England 1
- Musicians -- Portraits 1
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century 1
- Women poets 1 ∧ less
- Ackroyd, Graham 1
- Burroughs, William S., 1914-1997 1
- Di Prima, Diane 1
- Durrell, Lawrence 1
- Graves, Robert, 1895-1985 1