Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Carbon typescript with handwritten corrections, lacking chapter 17
This bound scrapbook contains news clippings and tearsheets of published articles and short stories by Kansas poet and author Florence L. Snow. The scrapbook, compiled by the author, includes manuscript segments of her writings. Housed separately are two photographs--one of Miss Snow at her Lawrence, Kansas home, and one of the home of her sister Ella Snow (Mrs. W. W.) Sain at Neosho Falls, Kansas.
The James Irwin Wolfe Collection contains personal correspondence of Wolfe's, correspondence relating to the Ozark Trails Association, and some legal materials relating to his law practice. The collection also contains manuscript copies of two poems and "Why is a Bachelor?", a lecture written by Wolfe for the Ohio Chautauqua in Waverly, Kansas in 1905.
Kate (Warthen) Searcy was an early homesteader in western Kansas, in addition to being a schoolteacher, author, and newspaper editor. This collection includes her family correspondence and some records related to her career, as well as photographs and other personal materials.
This collection contains correspondence with Helen Rhoda Hoopes, a University of Kansas professor in English and poet, as well as the first woman student editor of the University Daily Kansan; newspaper clippings; photographs; scrapbooks; and other related materials.
Hoopes taught rhetoric and English at the University of Kansas from 1914-1947. This collection contains scrapbooks, poetry, clippings, correspondence and a copy of her graduate thesis.
- Authors, American -- Kansas 3
- Women authors, American -- Kansas 3
- Women newspaper editors -- Kansas 2
- Agriculture -- Kansas -- Kearny County 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas -- Correspondence 1
- Burlington (Kan.) 1
- Christian authors -- Correspondence 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Hamilton County 1
- Kearny County (Kan.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Lawyers -- Kansas 1
- Poets, American -- Kansas 1
- Roads -- Kansas 1
- Teachers -- Kansas 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- University Daily Kansan 1
- Women -- Education (Higher) -- United States 1
- Women journalists 1 ∧ less
- Hoopes, Helen Rhoda, 1878-1973 2
- Baker, Gladys (Beatrice Gladys), 1906-2001 1
- Mehdevi, Anne Sinclair 1
- Ozark Trails Association 1
- Sain family. 1