Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Accounts book and ledger maintained at the Cheyenne and Arapaho Upper Arkansas Agency, Darlington, Indian Territory, 1869-1875. More than a simple accounts book, this manuscript lists letters received at the agency from July 16, 1869 to June 20, 1870 with notes regarding their contents, inventories of rations, records of substanence issued listing the name of the recipients, and records of supplies delivered by contractors.
Letters written to Sallie Williams from a daughter, her husband J.F. Williams, and other various relatives.
The collection contains a photocopy of a typed transcription of Ms. Balster's oral account of the events leading up to the battle at Sand Creek and the subsequent investigations by the government. Included are photocopies of pictures of Bent's Fort, William Bent, a "100 Day Volunteer" recruiting poster, Col. John M. Chivington, an oil painting, "The Battle of Sand Creek," by Robert Lindneux, a Cheyenne brave and a map of The Plains, 1850-1860.
- Arapaho Indians 2
- Cheyenne Indians 2
- Arapaho Indians -- Indian Territory -- Government relations 1
- Cheyenne Indians -- Indian Territory -- Government relations 1
- Cheyenne Indians -- Wars, 1864 1
- Home economics 1
- Indian Territory 1
- Indian Territory -- Photographs 1
- Indian reservations 1
- Indians of North America -- Indian Territory 1
- Indians of North America -- Indian Territory -- Photographs 1
- Quapaw Indians -- Indian Territory -- Government relations 1
- Sand Creek Massacre, Colo., 1864 1 ∧ less
- Balster, Carolyn Eden 1
- Bent, William, 1809-1869 1
- Chivington, John M. (John Milton), 1821-1894 1
- Darlington Agency 1
- Dyer, Daniel B. 1