Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
These materials relate to Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, planning initiatives in the latter part of the 20th century and development oversight. The collection includes photographs, photo-lithographic aluminum plates, and negatives, as well as printed material.
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office implements city and county comprehensive plans by developing and administering zoning codes, regulations, plans and policies. It guides land use planning principles and practices and supports city and county commission, including the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission. These maps document city and county planning between 1857-2000 which include the redevelopment plans for downtown Lawrence, Kansas.
The collection is arranged chronologically and contains minutes of meetings, clippings, petitions, and other manuscript materials documenting the activities of the organization.
This collection contains eight pages of the 1854 minutes of the Lawrence Common Council meetings regarding discussion of city boundaries, laws and rights of residents, and a list of jurors, documenting the founding of the town of Lawrence, Kansas.
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights 1
- African Americans -- Housing 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Douglas County -- Maps 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Maps 1
- Civic improvement 1
- Community development -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Discrimination in housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Economic policy 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Maps 1
- Housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Land settlement -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Economic policy 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Maps 1
- Municipal government -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Transportation -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 1 ∧ less
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office 2
- Lawrence (Kan.). Common Council 1
- Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission 1