Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Douglas County Community Improvement Association, popularly known as Penn House due to its location in Lawrence, Kansas, is concerned with developing resources for low-income families. This collection of organizational records includes correspondence, board meeting minutes, financial records, information about service activities, and other office files from the organization's founding in 1969 through its operation into the 1990s.
Records related to Glenn Kappelman's position as a court-appointed appraiser to review community development projects in Douglas County and Lawrence, Kansas.
The collection is arranged chronologically and contains minutes of meetings, clippings, petitions, and other manuscript materials documenting the activities of the organization.
Margaret Stockton was involved in community involvement and social work in Lawrence, Kansas, especially the Council of Social Agencies and the Recreation Commission. This collection comprises Stockton's papers of her community work and also personal and family matters.
Newspaper clippings, photographs, and correspondence regarding Penn House, a community assistance program located in Lawrence Kansas, predominately from the 1970s. Many items are undated.
- Lawrence (Kan.) 2
- Public welfare -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Social service -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights 1
- African Americans -- Housing 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Civic improvement 1
- Community centers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Community organization -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Discrimination in housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) 1
- Freedom Train 1
- Housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Right of property -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Social problems -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Phi 1
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center 1
- Council of Social Agencies (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Douglas County Community Improvement Association (Douglas County, Kan.) 1
- Festival of Arts and Crafts (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Hines, Sue 1
- Kansas. Council on Developmental Disabilities 1
- Kansas. Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services 1
- Kappelman, Glenn L. 1
- Lawrence Fair Housing Coordinating Committee (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Humane Society (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Parent-Teacher Council 1
- Lawrence Recreation Commission 1
- Lawrence Recreation Council 1
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Penn House (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Stockton, Margaret T., 1894-1966 1
- Zodiac Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1 ∧ less