Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
These diaries were written by Hudson detailing his activities and those of his family and acquaintances. He consistently notes weather conditions, chores he performs, and other activities of a business and social nature. Hudson's diaries are unusually complete, but he discontinued writing in 1905.
Volumes are handwritten in pencil and ink.
Two diaries handwritten by James Findley Harrison in the mid and late 1860s. They give descriptions of his travels and eventual settling in Linn County, Kansas.
Journal of a Kansas farmer, October, 1873-October, 1876; recorded in the People's comprehensive diary. .. for the use of farmers and others. (Mitchell County, Kansas, 1876.)
This diary, one of four extant, is incomplete. In its entries Hudson notes weather conditions, his daily activities and those of his family. Farming activities and social occasions are consistently detailed.
- Farm life -- Kansas 2
- Farmers -- Diaries 2
- Diaries 1
- Diaries (Blank-books) 1
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Linn County 1
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Mitchell County 1
- Farmers -- Kansas -- Correspondence 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Mitchell County 1
- Kansas -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Leavenworth (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Linn County (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Missouri -- Description and travel 1
- Springfield (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Topeka (Kan) -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Hudson family. 2
- Hudson, Samuel Emmons 2
- Harrison, James Findley, 1825-1907 1