Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 36
A complete transcription and accompanying paper on a diary kept by Elizabeth Duncan. The diary covers the trip the Duncan family made overland in 1867 from Lawrence, Kansas, to San Jose, California. The collection also contains a photocopied map of the route the Duncans followed.
A.L. Murphy's diary recounts his journey from Independence, Missouri overland to California.
Books of judgements in Pennsylvania and New York, 1852-1869, with C. C. Murray as the plaintiff.
This collection consists of diaries, some of Woodward's writings, and clippings and greeting cards collected by the Woodward family, who moved to Lawrence, Kansas during the territorial era.
Transcripts of the diaries kept by Carl Julius Adolph Hunnius documenting his surveys of the Red River, January 10, 1876 to January 24, 1876, and April 25, 1876 to June 30, 1876, as well as the original diary of the second survey, a biography of Ado Hunnius, and two tintypes and print copies of Hunnius and his guide Billy Dixon.
Austin was the youngest son of A. E. Austin of Austinburg, Ohio, and served as a Lieutenant in the 2nd Brigade 3rd Division, 9th Corps, Army of the Potomac. This collection consist of letters, photographs and a diary from 1855-1864.
Delphine Tufts was the wife of Freeling Tufts. This collection consists of diaries she used in 1899 and 1906, including recordkeeping as executrix of her husband's estate after his death in 1905, and a memorandum book that she barely used.
These diaries were written by Hudson detailing his activities and those of his family and acquaintances. He consistently notes weather conditions, chores he performs, and other activities of a business and social nature. Hudson's diaries are unusually complete, but he discontinued writing in 1905.
Volumes are handwritten in pencil and ink.
Three diaries kept by Elizabeth Duncan in the mid 1860s, both while she lived in Lawrence, Kansas and while she traveled overland from Lawrence to San Jose, California in 1867. Typical entries may include discussion of the weather, Duncan's daily activities, information about her family and friends or acquaintances who came to visit or wrote, and her own spiritual and emotional states.
Skinner's diary begins with his departure from Herman, Minnesota, in the company of about three hundred emigrants. His narrative is thorough and descriptive as he travels by boat and wagon train. Two partial transcripts are maintained in the accession files. The transcribers are unknown and their transcriptions are not authoritative.
This collection contains the diary of Della Knowles as a teenager in 1892 and reveals the social life and customs of the times. The addition includes the Knowles family genealogy and photographs on a compact disc.
The Dorothy Scott Papers are those of a native Kansan who taught in both the Kansas City, Kansas and Topeka public schools and was an active community volunteer.
Diary of Fred Holmes Bowersock's 1886 trip to Europe, with daily expenses. Bowersock, the son of prominent Lawrence, Kansas-based businessman Justin DeWitt Bowersock, was accompanied on this trip to Europe by University of Kansas Professor W.H. Carruth. England, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Austria were in the itinerary. Bowersock took voice, piano, and guitar lessons, visited many landmarks and art galleries, etc.
A diary, account book, and typed transcription of the diary kept by Hiram Clark, an early physician in Lawrence, Kansas.
Mitchell's travels in Colorado, New Mexico, and Kansas are recounted in detail, as are his observations regarding the people he encounters. Half of the journal is devoted to Colorado and New Mexico, and the other half to Salina, Kansas.
Two diaries handwritten by James Findley Harrison in the mid and late 1860s. They give descriptions of his travels and eventual settling in Linn County, Kansas.
This collection is comprised of ten manuscript journals kept by William S. Burroughs in the last year of his life, circa November 1996-July 1997, and transcriptions, photocopies, and drafts for Last Words: The Final Journals of William S. Burroughs, edited and with an introduction by James Grauerholz (2000).
A diary written by Joseph Clark dated Decatur County, Indiana, 1856.
Journal of a camping trip amongst the highest of the California Sierra, Summer of 1890. Berkeley, Calif.? 1943?
Journal of a Kansas farmer, October, 1873-October, 1876; recorded in the People's comprehensive diary. .. for the use of farmers and others. (Mitchell County, Kansas, 1876.)
160 page diary written by an anonymous farmer in Winfield, Kansas, Cowley County during the late nineteenth century. The farmer’s entries include activities related to planting, livestock, business exchanges and family life. He includes details of the weather and business costs, as well as social events and names of farm workers, family, and neighbors.
This collection includes Lewis Timothy Litchfield's diary, 1854-1855, containing an account of his trip and settlement in Lawrence, Kansas, as part of the second Emigrant Aid party, and a certificate presented to Litchfield from his English study at Cambridge High School in Massachusetts.
- Diaries 21
- Overland journeys to the Pacific 4
- Kansas -- Description and travel 3
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 3
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 3
- Women -- Diaries 3
- Women -- Kansas -- Diaries 3
- Diaries (Blank-books) 2
- Farm life -- Kansas 2
- Farmers -- Diaries 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 2
- Women pioneers -- Kansas -- Diaries 2
- African American women -- Kansas -- Diaries 1
- African American women travelers -- Kansas -- Diaries 1
- Clergy -- Correspondence 1
- Cloud County (Kan.) 1
- Colorado -- Description and travel 1
- Congregational churches -- Clergy 1
- Council Grove (Kan.) 1
- Decatur County (Ind.) -- 19th century 1
- Education -- Kansas -- History 1
- Emigration and immigration 1
- Europe -- Description and travel 1
- Executors and administrators -- Missouri -- Kansas City 1
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Linn County 1
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Mitchell County 1
- Farm life -- Ohio 1
- Farmers -- Kansas -- Correspondence 1
- Farmers -- Kansas -- Winfield -- Diaries 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Mitchell County 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Nebraska 1
- Gold mines and mining -- California 1
- Illinois -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Judgments -- New York (State) 1
- Judgments -- Pennsylvania 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Kansas -- Social life and customs 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Maps 1
- Leavenworth (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Linn County (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Medical fees -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Military topography 1
- Minnesota -- Description and travel 1
- Missions -- India 1
- Mississippi -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Missouri -- Description and travel 1
- Morris County (Kan.) 1
- Motherhood -- Kansas -- Manhattan 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New York (State) 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Oklahoma -- Description and travel 1
- Peabody (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Rushford (N.Y.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Salina (Kan.) -- History 1
- School children -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Description and travel 1
- Springfield (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Stores, Retail 1
- Teachers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Temperance 1
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Texas -- Description and travel 1
- Topeka (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Travelers' writings, American -- Kansas 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Hiawatha -- Diaries 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Women -- Suffrage 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Young women 1 ∧ less
- Duncan, Elizabeth, 1837-1879 3
- Hudson family. 2
- Hudson, Samuel Emmons 2
- Ames, William Porter, 1879-1964 1
- Armitage, Katie 1
- Armstrong, Robert Mercer, 1841-1927 1
- Austin, Charles E. 1
- Austin, Homer B. 1
- Board, Phebe Anna, 1852- 1
- Bowersock family 1
- Bowersock, Fred Holmes, 1868-1939 1
- Brigham, Lalla Maloy 1
- Burroughs, William S., 1914-1997 1
- Carruth, William Herbert, 1859-1924 1
- Clark, Hiram C., 1817-1855 1
- Clark, Joseph, active 1856 1
- Dixon, Billy, 1850-1913 1
- Duncan family. 1
- Duncan, Wesley Harvey, 1814-1902 1
- Egbert, Maude, 1878-1955 1
- Emery, Phoebe, 1884-1977 1
- Grauerholz, James 1
- Harrison, James Findley, 1825-1907 1
- Haskell Indian Junior College 1
- Henry, Margaret Virginia, 1853-1933 1
- Hunnius, Carl Julius Adolph, 1842-1923 1
- Jones, Mary Alice Lange 1
- LeConte, Joseph, 1823-1901 1
- Lindsey, Robert, active 1858 1
- Lindsey, Sarah, -1876 1
- Litchfield, Lewis Timothy, 1838-1861 1
- McCrary, Jim 1
- McGraw, Frances 1
- McKey, Mary Ellen 1
- Mitchell, Howard W. 1
- Mitchell, Thomas K. 1
- Murphy, A. L., 1826-1900 1
- Murray, C. C. 1
- North, Lillian B.R., 1881-1963 1
- Payne, Mary Cobb, 1891-1976 1
- Renn, Della Knowles 1
- Riggs, Kate L. 1
- Scott, Dorothy, 1912-2002 1
- Skinner, Hugh Alexander 1
- Tilson, Laura 1
- Tufts, Delphine M. 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Army. Illinois Cavalry Regiment, 4th (1861-1864) 1
- Wilder, Mary Irvin, 1846-1926 1
- Woodward family 1
- Woodward, Brinton Webb, 1834-1900 1 ∧ less