Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Materials relating to the 1970 election campaign cycle in Kansas and Missouri. Includes candidates from both the Democrat and Republican parties. Majority of materials relate directly to the 1970 political primary.
Poll book of the election held in the city of Barnes [Kansas] in the county of Washington, on the 2nd day of August, A.D. 1932. George Jewell, Ira D. Hill, and Otto G. Yengeberg, judges, and Lloyd Wolverton and R. J. Kiefover, clerks.
Names of electors in the six wards of Lawrence, Kan. for the April 5, 1887 election, the first election in which women could vote. Also lists number of votes each candidate received. Photocopy of records located at the Kansas State Historical Society.
Nancy Kassebaum Baker was born in Topeka, Kansas in 1932 and attended public schools. She graduated from the University of Kansas in 1954 and received a masters degree from the University of Michigan in 1956. She worked on various Kansas commissions and committees and in 1978 was elected to the United States Senate where she served until 1997. The materials in this collection come from her 1978 primary and general election campaign and include printed materials and audio tapes.
Subscription list for a speech by William H. English on the resolution reported by the Committee on Elections in the Kansas Contested-Election Case. Washington, D. C.
Subscription list includes Jesse D. Bright (1812-1875), Democratic senator from Indiana, who was expelled from the Senate for having, in a letter to Jefferson Davis, recognized him as "President of the Confederate States". William Hayden English (1822-1896) served in U.S. Congress 1853-1861, as Representative from Indiana.
Kansas native Wint Smith, a lawyer by profession, served in the military and the United States Congress. This collection includes correspondence, records related to Smith's military and Congressional career, speeches, photographs, diaries, maps, and other related materials.
- Elections -- Kansas 6
- Campaign literature -- Kansas 3
- Barnes (Kan.) -- History 1
- Campaign paraphernalia 1
- Communism 1
- Elections -- Missouri 1
- Elections -- United States 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Genealogy 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Local elections -- Kansas 1
- Local elections -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Political rights -- United States 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1932 1
- Women -- Suffrage -- Kansas 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Baker, Nancy Kassebaum, 1932- 1
- Bright, Jesse D. (Jesse David), 1812-1875 1
- Chilcott family 1
- Douglas County (Kan.). Clerk of Court 1
- English, William Hayden, 1822-1896 1