Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Materials relating to the 1970 election campaign cycle in Kansas and Missouri. Includes candidates from both the Democrat and Republican parties. Majority of materials relate directly to the 1970 political primary.
This collection of speeches, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, audiovisual material, and miscellaneous memorabilia was collected by historian Donald R. McCoy as a result of his research for the biography Landon of Kansas.
Henry A. Wallace's papers from the University of Iowa Libraries, copied on microfilm. The collection includes correspondence, Wallace's daily and trip schedules, and documentation from telephone conversations he held, among other records documenting his political career, agricultural career, and personal life.
The James Ashford Manka papers are concerned primarily with Manka's peripheral activities, including politics and religion. The collection has been arranged by subject. File folders with this subject arrangement were maintained by Manka and fall into five categories and form a rough chronology of Manka's activities.
Letter to George Hoge, written by Abraham Lincoln's secretary on Lincoln's behalf from Springfield, Illinois; political subject. Reply to letter of the 5th, regretting inability to attend "your grand rally at Paris [Illinois] on the 12th." The rally was presumably being held in celebration of the Republican party victories in Ohio, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
This collection contains photographs, newspaper clippings, correspondence and essays by historian Peter Argersinger, whose research interests have included the Populist movement, rural and agricultural history, and institutions surrounding U.S. politics and elections. It also contains correspondence and minutes from SHGAPE (Society for Historians of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era), of which Argersinger was a founding member and president from 2006-2008.
- Advertising -- Cigarettes 1
- Agriculture -- Caribbean Area 1
- Agriculture -- Central America 1
- Agriculture and politics -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Campaign literature -- Kansas 1
- Campaign paraphernalia 1
- Conservatism -- United States 1
- Elections -- Kansas 1
- Elections -- Missouri 1
- Hybrid corn 1
- Iowa -- History -- Sources 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 1
- Livestock -- Costs 1
- Monetary policy -- United States 1
- Populism -- Kansas 1
- Poultry -- Breeding 1
- Radicalism -- United States 1
- Religion and state 1
- School boards -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 1
- United States -- History -- 1945- 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- Sources 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Race relations 1 ∧ less
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 2
- Amana Society 1
- Argersinger, Peter H. 1
- Hoge, George 1
- Landon, Alfred M. (Alfred Mossman), 1887-1987 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Manka, James Ashford, 1911-1970 1
- Progressive Party (U.S. : 1948) 1
- Reconstruction Finance Corporation 1
- Republican Party (Kan.) 1
- Republican Party (Kan.). Sedgwick County Central Committee 1
- Society for Historians of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture. Office of the Secretary 1
- United States. Department of Commerce. Office of the Secretary 1
- Wallace family 1
- Wallace, Henry A. (Henry Agard), 1888-1965 1
- Wichita (Kan.). Board of Education 1
- Wichita Council for Civic Responsibility 1 ∧ less