Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection consists of two letters written by Anglican clergyman and author Charles Kingsley (1819-1875), collected from various sources by Spencer Research Library staff.
The collection includes course-related materials, correspondence, newsletters, and research from Edward L. Ruhe, a faculty member at the University of Kansas who taught English literature at KU from 1958-1989.
Literary drafts of Peter Pindar, the nom-de-plume of satirist and poet John Wolcot (1738-1819). The collection consists of rough drafts of poems on scraps of paper, mostly amorous-pastoral poems, as well as some excerpts from plays, songs without music, a patriotic ballad, and a satire.
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- English literature -- 19th century 1
- English literature -- 20th century 1
- Pastoral poetry 1
- Poets, English 1
- Bewick, Thomas, 1753-1828 1
- Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784 1
- Kingsley, Charles, 1819-1875 1
- Pindar, Peter, 1738-1819 1
- Ruhe, Edward L. (Edward Lehman), 1923- 1