Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This album of scenic views of buildings, topography and architectural details seems to been assembled by an amateur or student artist with the initials H.P. They probably record travels in Denmark, France, Switzerland and Britain circa 1889-1890, but some of the sketches may have been made from photographs.
Letters to and from Cloudesley Shovell (1650-1707), naval officer and Admiral of the Fleet for Great Britain during the War of the Spanish Succession, as well as an engraving and list of ships sailing under Shovell's command in 1703.
Collection of 72 separately written accounts of Parliamentary debates, political law-cases, diplomatic correspondence, etc., bound together in two volumes. Most (perhaps all) are near-contemporary copies of the originals.
Volume containing rules for conduct of a religious order. The dates covered are between 1673-1706; the date on the title-page is 1706; mentions returning to the original virtue of the order, and following the notes made by the first Directeur (Cochet) and the third (Joseph Biord, Directeur 1698-1700). 1752 is written at the foot of folio 36recto.
This collection of manuscripts and published sources concerns the life and ancestry of Richard D'Olier of Dublin, Ireland, a leader in 18th century Dublin Methodism whose Huguenot ancestors emigrated from France to Ireland. Included is a memoir recounting the 1793 to 1794 imprisonment of the Richard D'Olier family members who were residing at Montauban in the south of France when the Reign of Terror commenced.
Bound book of poems, annotated. Fair copy (holograph?) made apparently to present to the dedicatee, "Madame la Comtesse Blanche Uggeri de la Somaglia" (Somaglia, Bianca Uggeri Capece della, 1743-1822, of Piacenza). The volume includes social verses with semi-biographical notes on the Parisians who inspired them and their own poems. There are also some political allusions.
Collection of primarily political and military letters and manuscripts written by Colonel John Armstrong of the British Army of the early 18th century, an engineer and expert on the Dunkirk fortifications in France.
Letters to Grace Hasson (Mrs. Henry) Pitcher, chiefly World War I letters from her brother James Hasson (Second Lieutenant, U.S. Army, 51st Infantry, 6th Division, Company M)
This collection of sixteen letters is comprised chiefly of those written by World War I soldier James Hasson to his sister Grace. A native of Kansas, Hasson writes from France of his combat experiences with Company M of the U.S. Army's 51st Infantry, recounting German air raids, his hospitalization from machine gun wounds, his engagement in the Meuse-Argonne Offensive, and his company's bewilderment at cessation of enemy gunfire on Armistice Day.
Trader's personal records of Eugene Chauvet (journal, historical essays, natural history, family papers, logbooks, vade-mecum, child's sketches, and other related materials). The principal part of these papers is his "Ephemerides": a semi-journal particularly devoted to natural history (especially agricultural botany), his family life, illnesses, politics, logbooks of his travels, and to the history and description of Réunion Island in the Indian Ocean.
Author's archives: fair copies (typed). Includes manuscripts and correspondence. Topics include Paris, D. H. Lawrence, philosophy, etc.; the correspondence is mostly letters from Henry Miller to Graham Ackroyd.
A collection of nineteen letters written from World War I soldier David Lupher (U.S. Army, 137th Infantry Regiment) to his family members. Lupher, a resident of Lawrence (Douglas County), Kansas, writes chiefly to his sister Dora, describing his training at Camp Doniphan, Oklahoma, and his later combat duty in France.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 2
- Argonne, Battle of the, France, 1918 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, Italian -- 19th century 1
- Barfleur, Battle of, Barfleur, France, 1692 1
- Big Sur (Calif.) -- Intellectual life 1
- Denmark -- Description and travel 1
- Dunkerque (France) -- Early works to 1800 1
- England 1
- Fables, French 1
- France 1
- France -- Description and travel 1
- France -- History -- Reign of Terror, 1793-1794 1
- France -- Intellectual life -- 18th century 1
- France -- Social life and customs -- 18th century 1
- French poetry -- 18th century 1
- Grand Alliance, War of the, 1689-1697 1
- Great Britain -- History, Military -- 18th century 1
- Haiti 1
- Huguenots -- France 1
- Italy -- History -- 18th century 1
- Lyon (France) -- Church history -- Sources 1
- Málaga, Battle of, 1704. 1
- Mexico 1
- Monasticism and religious orders -- Rules 1
- Montauban (Tarn-et-Garonne, France) -- History 1
- Nantes (France) 1
- New York (State) 1
- Paris (France) 1
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century 1
- Parma and Piacenza (Duchy) 1
- Réunion 1
- Salons 1
- Scotland 1
- Spanish Succession, War of, 1701-1714 1
- Switzerland -- Description and travel 1
- Tales -- France 1
- Women -- France -- Biography 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- Meuse River Valley 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 2
- Ackroyd, Graham 1
- Argental, Charles-Augustin de Ferriol, comte d', 1700-1788 1
- Armstrong, John, 1674-1742 1
- Charles I, King of England, 1600-1649 1
- Chauvet, Eugene, 1819- 1
- Courtney, Anna Maria 1
- De Lama, Giuseppe, 1757-1833 1
- Durrell, Lawrence 1
- Elizabeth, Queen of England, I, 1533-1603 1
- Great Britain. Parliament 1
- H. P., active 1889-1890 1
- Hasson family. 1
- Hasson, James (James Edward), 1891?-1940 1
- James I, King of England, 1566-1625 1
- Jolly family 1
- Lupher family. 1
- Lupher, David, 1896- 1
- Lupher, LaDora, 1893- 1
- Methodist Church in Ireland 1
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980 1
- Olier family. 1
- Olier, Richard d', 1737-1816 1
- Olier, Sarah d', -1816 1
- Pitcher, Grace Hasson, 1878?- 1
- Shovell, Clowdisley, Sir, 1650-1707 1
- Somaglia, Bianca Uggeri Capece della, 1743-1822 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 137th 1
- Vimeux family 1 ∧ less
- French 6
- German 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 1
- Malay 1