Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection consists of letters describing incidents of the border raids during the Kansas Territory-Missouri border wars just before the United States' Civil War in detail, including references to John Brown, William Quantrill, Jim Montgomery, and Fort Scott. The collection also includes a deed to land in McLean County, Illinois owned by Vansickle.
This collection consists of a single, three-page typescript reminiscence by Caroline Updegraff Parker, relating the experiences of her brother William W. Updegraff and her own family in Osawatomie, Kansas from 1855 to 1869, as well as a photograph of her brother William later in his life.
- Bourbon County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Bourbon County 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Osawatomie 1
- Land titles -- Illinois -- McLean County 1
- Osawatomie (Kan.) -- History 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Parker, Caroline Updegraff 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Updegraff, William W. 1
- Vansickle, John Henry 1