Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
A history of the establishment and the architecture of the English Lutheran Church (later the Trinity Lutheran Church) of Lawrence, Kansas, written by Cathy Ambler, December 1990. Ambler's history of the church was produced as a student paper for a University of Kansas course in Architecture.
School of Architecture class projects led by Curtis Besinger when he taught at the University of Kansas. Includes architectural surveys of historic sites in Douglas County, the larger state of Kansas, and some locations in Kansas City, Missouri.
Assessment of the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence's Adaptive Reuse of the Pleasant Valley District #14 Schoolhouse
This paper by University of Kansas student Dan Carey (later Dan Carey-Whalen) describes the historical and architectural importance of the Pleasant Valley #14 schoolhouse which was purchased as a meeting house in 1960 by the Unitarian Fellowship of Lawrence, Kansas. Citing the building's suitability for the National Register of Historic Places, Carey proposes various preservation-minded measures for its adaptive use. Included are photographic negatives of the meeting house.
This collection consists of survey forms which contain a history and architectural decription for each of 229 historic buildings in downtown Lawrence, Kansas. The survey content was compiled in 1993 by Deon Wolfenbarger (Three Gables Preservation) for the Lawrence Downtown Historic Building Survey, a project for which she was commissioned by the City of Lawrence and the Lawrence Historic Resources Commission.
This collection is made up predominately of files relating to Nimz's work on various preservation projects around Kansas. Work in Lawrence features most heavily, but the collection also includes work on the Smoky Hills Air National Guard Range and projects elsewhere in Kansas and Missouri. Also in the collection is material from some of the university classes Nimz has taught and materials from archetecture and historic preservation conferences Nimz has attended.
Contains a general survey conducted by Vieux Associates in 1981 at the request of the City-County Planning Department in Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas. The survey was conducted for a redevelopment project for downtown Lawrence and includes a list of historically and architecturally significant buildings.
This research paper describes the historic and architectural significance of the Union Pacific Railroad passenger depot at Lawrence, Kansas which prompted its restoration as an historic site. The paper was prepared by University of Kansas students Jennifer Garrett, Kelly Reynolds, and Lonnie Clark in February 1996 for a senior seminar in Architecture. It was submitted to the Kansas Historic Preservation Office as part of its Kansas Historic Resources Inventory.
This paper was submitted to the Historic Preservation Seminar, Fall, 1973. It details a history of Old West Lawrence (bordered on the north by 6th Street, on the east by Tennessee, on the south by 9th Street and on the west by Illinois), the Old West Lawrence Association, and preservation of the area under the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966.
Publication of the Lawrence (Kansas) Preservation Alliance's Hobbs Park Memorial Fund, Can you guess who I am?
A publication of the Lawrence Preservation Alliance's Hobbs Park Memorial Fund (Lawrence, Kansas) enlisting support for preserving and relocating to Hobbs Park the city's historic Murphy-Bromelsick house. Content describes the life of early editor and publisher John Speer, whose homesite is near the proposed Hobbs Park location.
This collection contains development plans and materials regarding historical preservation of buildings in the Lawrence, Kansas area.
Shelley Miller was a long-time Kansas resident, both attending the University of Kansas as a student and serving as head of the Department for Spain, Portugal and Latin America at the KU Libraries. Throughout her life, Shelley participated in social activism on the local and national level. This collection reflects her professional and personal efforts through newspaper clippings, informational pamphlets, scrapbooks, and personal correspondence.
Historic and architectural surveys of five University of Kansas fraternity and sorority houses, conducted by Lonnie Clark in February 1996 for the Lawrence Kansas Historic Resources Survey.
- Historic buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 11
- Historic buildings 3
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 3
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Old West Lawrence Historic District (Lawrence, Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 2
- Architecture -- Designs and plans 1
- Church architecture -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Church buildings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Costa Rica 1
- Cuba 1
- Dwellings -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- El Salvador 1
- Greek letter societies -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Guatemala 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Historic preservation -- Kansas 1
- Historic preservation -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Historic preservation -- Missouri 1
- Hobbs Park (Lawrence, Kan.) -- History 1
- Latin America 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Maps 1
- Nicaragua 1
- Railroad stations -- Conservation and restoration -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Rural schools -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Vernacular architecture 1 ∧ less
- Clark, Lonnie 2
- Ambler, Cathy 1
- Benjamin, David, 1963- 1
- Besinger, Curtis 1
- Carey-Whalen, Daniel J. 1
- Enslinger, Dennis 1
- Garrett, Jennifer (Student at University of Kansas) 1
- Heider, Grace M. (Grace Moore) 1
- Horowitz, Floyd R. 1
- Horowitz, Frances Degen 1
- Kansas State Historical Society 1
- Kershenbaum, Richard 1
- Lawrence (Kan.). City Commission 1
- Lawrence Historic Resources Commission (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Preservation Alliance. Hobbs Park Memorial Fund 1
- Lawrence Unitarian Fellowship (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Miller, Shelley 1
- Motter, T. H. Vail, 1901-1970. 1
- Nimz, Dale 1
- Pleasant Valley School District No. 14 (Douglas County, Kan.) 1
- Reynolds, Kelly (Student at University of Kansas) 1
- Speer, John, 1817-1906 1
- Trinity Lutheran Church (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Union Pacific Corporation 1
- Union Pacific Depot (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- United States 1
- University of Kansas 1
- University of Kansas. Museum of Art 1
- Vail, Thomas H. (Thomas Hubbard), 1812-1889 1
- Vieux Associates 1
- Wolfenbarger, Deon 1
- Zingg, Elaine Oser 1 ∧ less