Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This is a collection of identified photographic material from Horton, Kansas. Also included are copies of business correspondence of a family business in Horton and a scrapbook of Veterans of Foreign Wars Drum and Bugle Corps.
Ellanna (McManigal) Belden graduated from Horton High School (Horton, Kansas) in May 1915 and enrolled in the Kansas State Normal School (Emporia, Kansas) later that year. Her scrapbook contains photographs, programs, news clippings, and other items of memorabilia from high school and college. Included is a Camp Funston, Kansas musical comedy program from 1919, and a copy of her 1922 teacher's contract with the Horton City Schools.
The collection contains records, papers and photographs of Weltmer's military and business careers, along with family papers and memorabilia. Over the years, Weltmer kept copies of war correspondence and journals of the 137th Infantry and later the 130th Field Artillery activities. These records are a part of the collection. For additional photographs from the Henry J. Weltmer collection, see RH Ms-P23.
This collection consists of a single volume with ten photographs of Horton, Kansas at the beginning of the 20th century. Photographs primarily include buildings, homes, and other locations around town with one photo of women residents.
Photographs showing Horton, Brown County, Kansas businesses, activities, and residents.
Mary A. (Mrs. Elmer E.) Baldwin, resided in Horton, Kansas from 1887 until her death in 1933. These papers consist primarily of her business papers while living in Horton, including mortgages, deeds, and tax records. Included is a ledger of accounts for homes constructed from 1887 to 1889 by Elmer E. Baldwin and William Wagner. Several items which date to 1940 are those of James B. Baldwin, a son of Mary and Elmer Baldwin.
- Horton (Kan.) -- History 3
- Horton (Kan.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Armories -- Kansas -- Hiawatha 1
- Camp Joseph T. Robinson (Ark.) 1
- Civil service -- Kansas 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) -- Specimens 1
- Deeds -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- Drum and bugle corps -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- Hiawatha (Kan.) -- Description and travel 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- Horton (Kan.) 1
- Horton (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Real property -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- Sabetha (Kan.) 1
- Soldiers -- Kansas 1
- Troy (Kan.) 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, American 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 1 ∧ less
- Baldwin family. 1
- Baldwin, Elmer E., 1847-1893 1
- Baldwin, James B., 1888-1971 1
- Baldwin, Mary A., 1853-1933 1
- Belden, Ellanna McManigal, 1896-1986 1
- Bourquin family 1
- Bourquin, Emile, 1851-1945 1
- Bourquin, Jules A., 1877-1964 1
- Galbraith family 1
- Hall, Frederick Lee, 1916-1970 1
- Hiawatha Daily World (Newspaper) 1
- Horton High School (Horton, Kan.) 1
- Kansas Democrat (Newspaper) 1
- Kansas State Normal School 1
- Kansas. Militia 1
- United States. Army. Division, 35th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 137th 1
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States. Department of Kansas. Junior Drum and Bugle Corps 1
- Wagner and Baldwin (Horton, Kan.) 1
- Weltmer family 1
- Weltmer, Henry John, 1887-1956 1 ∧ less