Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This is a collection of identified photographic material from Horton, Kansas. Also included are copies of business correspondence of a family business in Horton and a scrapbook of Veterans of Foreign Wars Drum and Bugle Corps.
Ellanna (McManigal) Belden graduated from Horton High School (Horton, Kansas) in May 1915 and enrolled in the Kansas State Normal School (Emporia, Kansas) later that year. Her scrapbook contains photographs, programs, news clippings, and other items of memorabilia from high school and college. Included is a Camp Funston, Kansas musical comedy program from 1919, and a copy of her 1922 teacher's contract with the Horton City Schools.
Mary A. (Mrs. Elmer E.) Baldwin, resided in Horton, Kansas from 1887 until her death in 1933. These papers consist primarily of her business papers while living in Horton, including mortgages, deeds, and tax records. Included is a ledger of accounts for homes constructed from 1887 to 1889 by Elmer E. Baldwin and William Wagner. Several items which date to 1940 are those of James B. Baldwin, a son of Mary and Elmer Baldwin.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) -- Specimens 1
- Deeds -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- Drum and bugle corps -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- High school students -- Kansas -- Horton 1
- Horton (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Real property -- Kansas -- Horton 1 ∧ less
- Baldwin family. 1
- Baldwin, Elmer E., 1847-1893 1
- Baldwin, James B., 1888-1971 1
- Baldwin, Mary A., 1853-1933 1
- Belden, Ellanna McManigal, 1896-1986 1