Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
La Yarda was a neighborhood of housing owned by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad and used to house its workers, primarily those that immigrated from Mexico. This collection contains research about La Yarda and the role it played in the establishment of the Mexican-American community in Lawrence, Kansas, conducted by Brenna Buchanan for a project when a University of Kansas architecture student.
The collection is arranged chronologically and contains minutes of meetings, clippings, petitions, and other manuscript materials documenting the activities of the organization.
This collection of records from the Lawrence Huamn Relations Commission includes a draft of the organization's by-laws, meeting minutes, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and an undated informational brochure about the organization.
- Discrimination in housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights 1
- African Americans -- Housing 1
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Civic improvement 1
- Community development -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Discrimination in employment -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Discrimination in public accommodations -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Housing -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1 ∧ less
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Buchanan, Brenna 1
- Chavez family 1
- Delcampo family 1
- Garcia family 1