Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Reminiscences of life on a farm near Junction City following migration west in 1869. Sixteen years on a Kansas farm, 1870-1886.
This collection contains photographs copied from 19th century Junction City, Kansas-based photographer Joseph Judd Pennell's glass plate negatives by John Blumb and Tom Southall for the 1983 Mid-America Alliance traveling exhibit, "Frozen in Time."
This collection contains the daybooks (studio registers) of Junction City, Kansas photographer Joseph Judd Pennell, as well as various artifacts, many engraved, from Pennell's personal possessions. The daybooks from the Pennell studio date from 1896 to 1925. Included in the collection are school essays and drawings by Pennell's son, Joseph Stanley Pennell.
This collection contains a single tintype photograph (reversed) of the early foundry in Junction City, Kansas. Image includes Albert S. Howard, operator; Lottie Howard, his wife, in the upper door; and their daughter and son in the windows of the brick building. "Foundry at Junction City - 1885" written above the door.
The Second Missionary Baptist Church records document the history, membership, and activities of a long time Junction City, Kansas church.
- Junction City (Kan.) 2
- Junction City (Kan.) -- History 2
- Photographers -- Kansas -- Junction City 2
- African American Baptists -- Kansas -- Junction City 1
- African American churches -- Kansas -- Junction City 1
- Farm life -- Kansas 1
- Fort Leavenworth (Kan.) 1
- Fort Riley (Kan.) 1
- Fort Riley (Kan.) -- History -- Photographs 1
- Foundries -- Kansas -- Junction City -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas 1
- Geary County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Junction City (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Junction City (Kan.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Tintype -- Specimens 1 ∧ less
- Pennell, Joseph Judd, 1866-1922 3
- Bingham, Anne E. 1
- Pennell, Joseph Stanley, 1903-1963 1
- Second Missionary Baptist Church (Junction City, Kan.) 1
- Southall, Thomas 1