Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection, compiled by Margaret Bartholomew De Young, contains photographs and photocopies of family histories, genealogies, and clippings pertaining to her Bartholomew family ancestry. Predominating are records by and about De Young's grandfather, Elam Bartholomew (1852-1934), a Rooks County, Kansas farmer, botanist, and internationally renowned mycologist.
These clippings were collected by Sara Robinson, Charles Robinson's wife. The clippings treat the lives of Charles Robinson, John Brown, James H. Lane, and numerous others prominent in Kansas history. There is biographical information about Lawrence residents, local and regional history.
This handwritten 11-page biographical sketch of Kansas architect John Gideon Haskell (1832-1907) gives a brief account of Haskell's New England ancestry and sketches his distinguished career achievements in Kansas, including his service as state architect and as quartermaster general. The biography is unsigned and undated, though the content dates to approximately 1900.
The papers of Daniel Mulford Valentine, a member of the Kansas Legislature and an associate justice of the Kansas Supreme Court from 1868 to 1893, contain his appointment notices, various property records, and writings. His writings include a history of Franklin County in Kansas Territory. Also in the colletion are some photographs and various records of Franklin County land transactions prior to Kansas Statehood.
J. B. Littlejohn, a longtime Kansas resident, served as a State Representative for Shawnee County from 1977 to 1981; the collection includes a biography and portrait photograph.
Manuscript for Governor Charles Robinson of Kansas, by Don W. Wilson, with editorial markings. Published by the University Press of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas, in 1975.
Postal records from the North Lawrence post office, 1884-1885. Legible coverage includes records from Dec. 8, 1884 to Dec. 18, 1884 and March 14, 1385 to Sept. 30, 1885. The section from Jan. 1, 1885 to March 13, 1885 has been used as a scrapbook for newspaper clippings, mostly obituaries of early Kansas men.
This thesis is a biography of Charles Sumner Gleed, particularly the last two decades of his life, and his diverse business activities.
This collection contains the drawings and plans of designs by Robert W. Hess during his time as a practicing architect, focusing on his work in Kansas, Washington, California, and a few other geographical areas. The collection also includes some material from his student work, as well as an autobiographical account of his career.
Margaret Thompson Henderson was born in Parsons, Kansas and graduated from the University of Kansas at Lawrence in 1905. Her 91-page scrapbook of news clippings from the early 1900s chronicles notable people, places and events in the history of Kansas, the Lawrence community, and the University of Kansas. Included are published poems, biographies, and obituaries of famous Kansans.
- Kansas -- Biography 3
- Architects -- Kansas -- Biography 2
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 2
- Adair County (Iowa) -- History 1
- African American legislators -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Architects -- California 1
- Architects -- Kansas 1
- Botanists -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Businessmen -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Clay Center (Kan.) -- History 1
- Clay County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Franklin County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Governors -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Journalists -- Kansas -- Clay Center 1
- Judges -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Kansas -- History -- 19th century 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Kansas -- Maps 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Biography 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Mycologists -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Ohio City (Kan.) -- History 1
- Peoria (Kan.) -- History 1
- Postal service -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Registers 1
- Rooks County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Scrapbooks -- Kansas 1
- Temperance 1
- Wyandotte (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Robinson, Charles, 1818-1894 2
- Bartholomew family. 1
- Bartholomew, Elam, 1852-1934 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- De Young, Margaret Bartholomew 1
- Fincher, J. D. 1
- Gleed, Charles S. (Charles Sumner), 1856-1920 1
- Harmon, Terry H. 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Haskell, John Gideon, 1832-1907 1
- Henderson, Margaret Thompson, 1880-1954 1
- Hess, Robert W., 1926-2013 1
- Kansas. Supreme Court 1
- Lane, James Henry, 1814-1866 1
- Littlejohn, J. B. 1
- Robinson, Sara T. L. (Sara Tappan Lawrence), 1827-1911 1
- University of Kansas 1
- Valentine , Daniel Mulford, 1830-1907 1
- Valentine, D. A. (Delbert A.) 1
- Valentine, Louis F., 1877-1962 1
- Valentine, Martha Root, 1836-1924 1
- White family. 1
- Wilson, Don W., 1942- 1 ∧ less