Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
These clippings were collected by Sara Robinson, Charles Robinson's wife. The clippings treat the lives of Charles Robinson, John Brown, James H. Lane, and numerous others prominent in Kansas history. There is biographical information about Lawrence residents, local and regional history.
The correspondence is almost exclusive between Ware and William E. Connelley. They discuss their various research and publications, personal and business matters, and on Kansas and national politics.
Elias Snyder, son of Ely Snyder, interview with William E. Connelley on the Marais des Cygnes Massacre, May 19th, 1858; William C. Quantrill; John Brown on the Snyder Claim; James Montgomery; Marshall Cleveland, and the last of the Jayhawkers. Lawrence, Kan., 1942.
The accounts in this collection relate to Reuben Randlett's experiences in the 1856 sacking of Lawrence, Kansas; his activities as a spy among the raiders; the Battle of Black Jack; the dissolution of the Free State legislature in Topeka on July 4, 1856; and Randlett's captivity by William C. Quantrill in 1862. The collection also includes a photograph of Randlett.
This collection consists of a single, three-page typescript reminiscence by Caroline Updegraff Parker, relating the experiences of her brother William W. Updegraff and her own family in Osawatomie, Kansas from 1855 to 1869, as well as a photograph of her brother William later in his life.
Account of the life of Frederick Brown by Samuel Lyle Adair and printed endorsement voucher, dated Leavenworth, KS.
Relates experiences with John Brown at the Battle of Black Jack and other events from May to August of 1856 including disbanding the Free State Legislature on July 4. A short character sketch of Roe is included.
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 6
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Black Jack, Battle of, Black Jack, Kan., 1856. 2
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas -- Osawatomie 1
- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Kansas -- History -- Historiography 1
- Kansas -- Maps 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Lawyers -- Correspondence 1
- Marais des Cygnes Massacre, 1858 1
- Osawatomie (Kan.) 1
- Osawatomie (Kan.) -- History 1
- Scrapbooks -- Kansas 1
- Temperance 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Underground movements 1
- Wyandotte (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 4
- Connelley , William Elsey, 1855-1930 3
- Brown, Frederick, 1830-1856 2
- Lane, James Henry, 1814-1866 2
- Adair, Samuel Lyle, 1811-1898 1
- Bridwell, Arthur 1
- Cleveland, Marshall 1
- Coney, Patrick H. 1
- Flannelmouth, Thomas 1
- Haskell Institute 1
- Ingalls, John James, 1833-1900 1
- Jocelyn, Simeon Smith, 1799-1879 1
- Montgomery, James, 1814-1871 1
- Parker, Caroline Updegraff 1
- Pike, E. W. 1
- Pomeroy, S. C. (Samuel Clarke), 1816-1891 1
- Randlett, Reuben A., 1837- 1
- Richards, Oscar G., 1836- 1
- Robinson, Charles, 1818-1894 1
- Robinson, Sara T. L. (Sara Tappan Lawrence), 1827-1911 1
- Roe, George, active 1856 1
- Snyder, Elias, 1840- 1
- Updegraff, William W. 1
- Ware, Eugene F., 1841-1911 1 ∧ less