Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection consists of orrespondence and documents involving Charles H. Branscomb, agent for the New England Emigrant Aid Company in territorial Kansas, dating from 1853-1886. Correspondents or individuals mentioned in the letters include James Gillespie Blaine (1830-1893), Amos Adams Lawrence (1814-1886), Henry Cabot Lodge (1850-1924), Charles Robinson (1818-1894), John Pierce St. John (1835-19140, and Charles Sumner (1811-1874).
This collection includes Lewis Timothy Litchfield's diary, 1854-1855, containing an account of his trip and settlement in Lawrence, Kansas, as part of the second Emigrant Aid party, and a certificate presented to Litchfield from his English study at Cambridge High School in Massachusetts.
This collection consists of microfilmed copies of the official records and correspondence of the New England Emigrant Aid Company, an organization founded to help individuals from the northeastern United States move to the newly opened Kansas territory in order to help the territory become a free state rather than a slaveholding state.
Carman taught Romance Languages at the University of Kansas from 1918-1966. This collection contains correspondence, notes, maps, research and reference material, and manuscripts from Carman's career at KU, notably regarding populations with foreign language backgrounds in Kansas from the first Euro-American settlers to the mid-20th century.
This collection consists of photocopied family correspondence from the 19th century, including family members who lived in New York City, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Kansas before, during, and after the United States' Civil War.
This collection includes letters written by Tovey to his wife Eliza, as well as a manuscript of Tovey's life in the Kansas Territory intended to help possible emigrants to the territory.
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 5
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 5
- Emigration and immigration 2
- Abolitionists 1
- Diaries 1
- Family archives -- Kansas 1
- Human settlements -- Kansas 1
- Kansas -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lecompton 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Prohibition -- Kansas 1
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Women artists 1
- Zeandale (Kan.) -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Hale, Edward Everett, 1822-1909 2
- Lawrence, Amos Adams, 1814-1886 2
- New England Emigrant Aid Company 2
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893 1
- Branscomb, Charles H. 1
- Carman, J. Neale (Justice Neale), 1897-1972 1
- Des Moines Valley Railroad Company 1
- Horton, Elizabeth 1
- Lawrence, Abbott, 1792-1855 1
- Litchfield, Lewis Timothy, 1838-1861 1
- Pillsbury (Family : 1800?- : Pillsbury, Stephen) 1
- Stuart Lutz Historic Documents, Inc. 1
- Tovey, Eliza Matthew 1
- Tovey, Robert Atkins 1
- Weston family. 1
- Weston, Mary Pillsbury, 1817-1894 1 ∧ less