Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This Civil War diary of Douglas O. Lilley, a private in Company D of the Kansas 8th Regiment, contains his daily entries for the entirety of 1863, describing his military duties at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, his transfer as a prisoner to Benton Barracks in Missouri, his service in Tennessee and Georgia, and his return to Kansas and resumption of civilian life following disability discharge in December 1863. A letter enclosure is at RH MS P619.
The Lewis A. Waterman Collection contains twenty-nine letters that were written by him from 1864 to 1865 while serving in the United States Signal Corps, stationed chiefly at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. The collection also includes cartes de visites of Waterman's Signal Corps comrades at Fort Leavenworth.
Andrew Williams' autobiographical narrative gives an account of Quantrill's raid on Lawrence, Kansas in 1863. Williams wrote it at the urging of William E. Connelley.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 2
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- Fort Leavenworth (Kan.) -- History 1
- Missouri -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Slave narratives 1
- Anthony, Emily Frances, 1839-1898 1
- Anthony, Lewis Williams, 1825-1903 1
- Lilley, Douglas O., 1845- 1
- Patt, Britannia Franklin, 1807-1895 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- United States. Army. Kansas Cavalry Regiment, 6th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Kansas Cavalry Regiment, 7th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Kansas Infantry Regiment, 8th (1861-1866). Company D 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps 1
- Waterman family. 1
- Waterman, Franklin Alonzo, 1844-1886 1
- Waterman, Lewis A. (Lewis Anthony), 1848-1868 1
- Williams, Andrew, -1913 1 ∧ less