Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The letter concerns personal real estate transactions and troubles along the Missouri-Kansas border between free state and pro-slavery partisans. Letter is written on back page of "Appeal of Kansas to the voters of the Free States" dated Topeka, July 4, 1856. This printed appeal concerns the contested election of 1856 and an appeal for Kansas to join the Union as a free state.
Eldridge was active in the efforts to make Kansas Territory a free state. Formerly a Democrat, Eldridge joined the Kansas delegation at the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia. Memoir of early days in Kansas, miscellaneous stock certificates, and account sheets, 1859-1898.
This collection includes letters written by Tovey to his wife Eliza, as well as a manuscript of Tovey's life in the Kansas Territory intended to help possible emigrants to the territory.
- Kansas -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Kansas -- History -- 19th century 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1854-1861 1
- Acme Manganese Mining Company (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Boss of the Bay Mining Company 1
- Delmonte Consolidated Mining Company (Leadville, Colo.) (Leadville, Colo.) 1
- Eldridge family. 1
- Eldridge, Shalor Winchell, 1816-1899 1
- Elliott, Robert Gaston 1
- Kellogg, Charles, active 1856 1
- Manhattan and San Juan Silver Mining Company 1
- New England Mining Company (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Riverside Tunnel and Mining Company 1
- Sabin, I. 1
- Tovey, Eliza Matthew 1
- Tovey, Robert Atkins 1
- Uncompahgne Mining Company 1
- United States. Congress. House 1 ∧ less