Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Includes two letters from Annie and Thomas Rogers in Coon Creek, Kansas, 1871 to a "Mr. Gordon" expressing gratitude and offering details about their family and daily life.
Evidence in the Haystack Murder Cases in No Man's Land [Indian Territory], resulting from the county seat contest in Stevens County, Kansas. Washington, D. C. Bound with letters from C. M. Horton, Examiner; T. W. Johnson, Foreman of the Grand Jury; S. Taliaferro, U.S. Attorney; Richard Olney, U.S. Attorney; and James M. Hill.
The Holsinger and Rose families immigrated to the United States in the 1700s. The collection reflects their activity in the Rosedale, Kansas, area during the late 19th and early 20th centuries by means of correspodence, poetry, newspaper clippings, and brief biographies, which address topics ranging from accounts of the Civil War, Kansan identity, politics and Christianity.
This collection contains some correspondence of John Alexander Martin to and from various receipients, in addition to a photograph of Martin. The photograph is after the painting by Kleckner dating from 1889.
This collection of papers from a 19th century Kansas politician contains correspondence dating primarily from the 1880s and 1890s and concerning United States Senate business. There are also invitations and calling cards, possibly collected by Mrs. Anna Louisa (Cheesbrough) Ingalls.
Journal of Royal Baldwin, who from 1856 to 1858 was agent to the Kickapoo tribe in Kansas Territory. Includes descriptions of his travels and meetings in council with the Kickapoo, their conditions, and statements of accounts for individual members of the tribe. Also includes receipts, memoranda, and other items.
Eldridge was active in the efforts to make Kansas Territory a free state. Formerly a Democrat, Eldridge joined the Kansas delegation at the Republican National Convention in Philadelphia. Memoir of early days in Kansas, miscellaneous stock certificates, and account sheets, 1859-1898.
This thesis is a biography of Charles Sumner Gleed, particularly the last two decades of his life, and his diverse business activities.
- Kansas -- History -- 19th century 7
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 3
- Businessmen -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- Governors -- Kansas -- Correspondence 1
- Hay Meadow Massacre, Stephens County, Kan., 1888 1
- Indian agents -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Indians of North America -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Journal 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1854-1861 1
- Kickapoo Indians -- Kansas -- History -- Sources 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Oklahoma -- History -- 19th century 1
- Prohibition -- Kansas 1
- Slavery -- United States -- Extension to the territories 1
- Stevens County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Stock certificates 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Acme Manganese Mining Company (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Baldwin, Royal 1
- Bookworm and Silverfish 1
- Boss of the Bay Mining Company 1
- Cleveland, Grover, 1837-1908 1
- Connelley, William Elsey, 1855-1930 1
- Delmonte Consolidated Mining Company (Leadville, Colo.) (Leadville, Colo.) 1
- Eldridge family. 1
- Eldridge, Shalor Winchell, 1816-1899 1
- Elliott, Robert Gaston 1
- Gleed, Charles S. (Charles Sumner), 1856-1920 1
- Harmon, Terry H. 1
- Holsinger family 1
- Holsinger, Frank, 1836-1916 1
- Ingalls family 1
- Ingalls, Anna Louisa, 1843-1926 1
- Ingalls, John James, 1833-1900 1
- Manhattan and San Juan Silver Mining Company 1
- Martin, John Alexander, 1839-1889 1
- New England Mining Company (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Riverside Tunnel and Mining Company 1
- Robinson, Samuel, active 1888-1898 1
- Rogers family. 1
- Rogers, Annie, active 1871 1
- Rogers, Thomas, active 1871 1
- Rose family 1
- Ruble, Roland 1
- Uncompahgne Mining Company 1 ∧ less