Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
The collection includes two oversized black and white photographs of Rudolph Ruge's WWI Army unit. It also includes a photocopy of Ruge's honorable discharge and enlistment record.
This collection contains one mounted photograph of a family group, possibly brothers and sisters, bought at an auction in DeSoto, Kansas by Gene Muller.
This collection contains color slides taken of Governor Mike Hayden's family and harvesting procedures in July of 1983.
This collection includes photographs and ephemera related to Halstead High School, from which John Ambrose Hess graduated in 1902, as well as real photograph and lithographic postcards of towns and other scenes from around Kansas. There is also one of Hess' report cards from elementary school in the collection.
Views of Ft. Riley, Wamego, Wellsville, Yoder, Haven, Mt. Hope, Halstead, Peabody, Cedar Point, Strong City, Melvern, and Quenemo, Kansas.
Photographs of various Kansas towns, many on postcard stock. Occasionally an inscription or correspondence is found on the back of the photograph postcard.
The Hughes photographs are those of the L.K. Hughes Photography business run by Leon and Rosie Hughes. They illustrate everyday life in Wichita, Kansas from the mid-1940s to the mid-1970s.
Photograph of U.S. President Warren G. Harding at a wheat farm, located 1.5 miles west of Hutchinson, Reno County, Kansas. He worked in the wheat field for about an hour. The grain he harvested was presented to President Calvin Coolidge in 1925 by Vada Watson, the "Kansas Wheat Girl." Coolidge completed Harding's term as president after Harding's death in 1923.
Rexford Scott Sorenson took photographs throughout his life, and this collection of his photographic negatives begins in 1957. The Sorensons spent many holidays with friends and family, whom serve as the subjects of many of Rexford's photographs. Other frequent subjects include cats, landscapes, trees, construction, and buildings. The majority of the photographs were taken either in Kansas, New Mexico, or Oregon.
This collection of 24 large mounted photographs by Kansas photographers R.H. Gandiven and R. Hugoboom were taken between 1883-1884. The photographs depict pioneer families and their homesteads in the following Kansas counties: Clay, Jewell, McPherson, Mitchell, Ottawa, and Saline. Subjects include early pioneer houses and farmsteads, family groups, landscapes, and individual portraits. All but three of the photographs have identifying captions on the reverse side.
Adam and America Todd were African Americans enslaved to the Tribble family of Platte County, Missouri. The Todds later immigrated to Kansas, where multiple generations have continued to live.
William Long photographed scenes of Hoxie, Kansas and the surrounding area of Sheridan County and northwestern Kansas. Included in the collection are many images of farms and farming activities, as well as businesses and schools in Hoxie. Prints are copies made from original negatives.
- Kansas -- Pictorial works 6
- Cities and Towns -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 3
- Families -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 3
- Agriculture -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 2
- Wheat -- Harvesting -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 2
- African American children -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- African American families -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- African American freemasonry -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- African American photographers -- Pictorial works 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Photographs 1
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Wichita -- Pictorial works 1
- Children -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Education -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Farm life -- Photographs 1
- Fraternal organizations -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Greek letter societies -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Halstead (Kan.) -- History 1
- Harvesting time -- Kansas 1
- Hoxie (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Kansas -- Religion -- Pictorial works 1
- Kansas -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Nebraska -- Photographs 1
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Oregon -- Pictorial works 1
- Postcards 1
- Sedgwick County (Kan.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Slaves -- Missouri -- Platte County -- Pictorial works 1
- Tasco (Kan.) -- Photographs 1
- Weddings -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Societies and clubs -- Pictorial works 1
- Women photographers -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Kansas -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Bromberg, Nicolette 1
- Buckner, Lauretta 1
- Carmen D. Valentino. American Historical Manuscripts 1
- Carraher, Loretta 1
- Estelle family 1
- Gandiven, R. H. 1
- Halstead High School (Halstead, Kan.) 1
- Harding, Warren G. (Warren Gamaliel), 1865-1923 1
- Hayden family 1
- Hayden, Mike, 1944- 1
- Hess, John Ambrose 1
- Hollmann, Leonard, 1935-2016 1
- Hughes, Leon K., 1913-1978 1
- Hughes, Rosie E., 1921- 1
- Hugoboom, R. 1
- Johnson, Timothy A. (Photograph collector) 1
- L.K. Hughes Photography (Wichita, Kan.) 1
- Links, Inc 1
- Long, William (Photographer) 1
- Maxwell family 1
- Maxwell, Evelyn M. 1
- Maxwell, Gordon E. 1
- Ruge, Rudolph H., 1894- 1
- Sorensen family 1
- Sorenson, Rexford Scott, 1935-2010 1
- Todd family 1
- Todd, Adam (Freedman) 1
- Todd, America, -1920 1
- United States. Army 1 ∧ less