Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection of speeches, correspondence, pamphlets, clippings, audiovisual material, and miscellaneous memorabilia was collected by historian Donald R. McCoy as a result of his research for the biography Landon of Kansas.
Alfred Mossman Landon, 1887-1987, a prominent Kansas Republican, served as Governor of Kansas from 1933-1937 and ran an unsuccessful campaign for the United States presidency in 1936. This collection includes audiotapes and transcripts of interviews with Governor Landon by Donald R. McCoy and Louis George Griffin from 1975-1976.
The James Ashford Manka papers are concerned primarily with Manka's peripheral activities, including politics and religion. The collection has been arranged by subject. File folders with this subject arrangement were maintained by Manka and fall into five categories and form a rough chronology of Manka's activities.
- Elections -- United States 2
- Kansas -- Politics and government 2
- United States -- History -- 1933-1945 2
- United States -- History -- 1945- 2
- Campaign literature -- Kansas 1
- Conservatism -- United States 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950 1
- Radicalism -- United States 1
- Religion and state 1
- School boards -- Kansas -- Wichita 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Race relations 1 ∧ less
- Landon, Alfred M. (Alfred Mossman), 1887-1987 2
- Griffin, George (Louis George) 1
- Manka, James Ashford, 1911-1970 1
- McCoy, Donald R. 1
- Republican Party (Kan.) 1