Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Clarence Love was a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, representing the Wyandotte County 35th District from 1966 until his retirement in 1988. The collection reflects his legislative activities during his entire 22 years of service.
The Elmer C. Jackson papers are those of a native Kansan and prominent Kansas City, Kansas attorney. Jackson was active in numerous local and national organizations, such as the National Bar Association, the Kansas Board of Regents, and Sigma Pi Phi.
Sherman Jones, a prominent citizen of Wyandotte County, Kansas, served in the Kansas State Legislature from 1988-2000. His papers consist primarily of material related to his political career during which he served an advocate for social issues representing minorities’ rights, public health, and social welfare.
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Politics and government 2
- African American lawyers -- Kansas -- Kansas City 1
- African American legislators -- Kansas 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- Social conditions 1
- Kansas. Legislature 2
- Freemasons. Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Kansas 1
- Jackson, Elmer C. (Elmer Carter), 1912- 1
- Jackson, Elmer, III 1
- Jones, Sherman J., 1935- 1