Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
These are the working papers of Johanna Kollmorgen when she served as a member of the Lawrence-Douglas County (Kansas) Planning Commission. The Planning Commission is responsible for long-range comprehensive plans and development of the Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, land area. The collection includes the commission meeting minutes, staff reports and other supporting documentation from 1969-1979.
These materials relate to Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, planning initiatives in the latter part of the 20th century and development oversight. The collection includes photographs, photo-lithographic aluminum plates, and negatives, as well as printed material.
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office implements city and county comprehensive plans by developing and administering zoning codes, regulations, plans and policies. It guides land use planning principles and practices and supports city and county commissions, including the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission. These records document city and county planning for the 1980s which include the redevelopment plans for downtown Lawrence, Kansas.
The collection of correspondence, documents, and addresses of Charles Robinson, housed in the Kansas Collection, is mainly from the period 1854 to 1861. Robinson was a resident agent for the New England Emigrant Aid Company and an advocate for the Free State, anti-slavery cause. There are items on the founding of the University of Kansas. There are also letters from Mrs. Robinson to F. W. Blackmar, the biographer of Governor Robinson.
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 3
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- City planning districts -- Kansas -- Lawrence 2
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Economic policy 2
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Economic policy 2
- Transportation -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 2
- Kansas -- Constitution 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission 3
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office 2
- Blackmar, Frank W. (Frank Wilson), 1854-1931 1
- Booth, Edw. 1
- George, Henry, 1839-1897 1