Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Correspondence, documents relating to Lawrence property and Pike's Peak gold mines, steamship freight bills, papers, etc.
Two diaries handwritten by James Findley Harrison in the mid and late 1860s. They give descriptions of his travels and eventual settling in Linn County, Kansas.
The first two letters are from Banks, who preceded Hutchings to Lawrence, and they describe Lawrence, the lawyers, and law practice in the area. The third letter written by W. B. West mentions Quantrill's raid and asks about job opportunities in Lawrence.
This collection includes outgoing letters from Margaret Anderson to Gene and Marjorie Courtney. Topics typically discussed include mututal acquaintances and personal events. Letters addressed to Gene Courtney date from 1963-1970 and are organized chronologically by year. The 1966 folder includes newspaper clippings about Margaret Anderson's retirement from the University of Kansas. The folder with letters addressed to Marjorie S. Courtney contain two letters and one postcard.
This collection consists of photocopied family correspondence from the 19th century, including family members who lived in New York City, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Kansas before, during, and after the United States' Civil War.
James Boucher Shane, a Civil War veteran, settled in Lawrence, Kansas in 1878, where he began to operate a commerical photography business. His daugther, Juno Belle Shane, and her husband, Herbert Thompson, eventually took over the business, which operated until 1953. The collection includes personal records of the Shane family, as well as business records of the Shane-Thompson studio, photographic prints, and glass plate negatives.
This collection includes files on Lawrence, Kansas, and general Kansas subjects. It was compiled and maintained at the Lawrence Public Library Osma (Local History) Room.
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Bills of lading -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Commericial photography - Kansas - Lawrence 1
- Deeds -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Diaries 1
- Emigration and immigration 1
- Family archives -- Kansas 1
- Farm life -- Kansas -- Linn County 1
- Freight forwarders -- Missouri -- Saint Louis -- Records and correspondence 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Colorado -- Pikes Peak 1
- Kansas -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas City (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Law -- Kansas -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Lawyers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawyers -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Correspondence 1
- Leavenworth (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Linn County (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Missouri -- Description and travel 1
- River steamers -- Missouri River 1
- Springfield (Mo.) -- Description and travel 1
- Topeka (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Women artists 1
- Zeandale (Kan.) -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Anderson, Margaret L., 1895-1976 1
- Andrews, John Albion 1
- Banks, E. V., 1836?-1873 1
- Collamore, George W., 1818-1863 1
- Courtney, Marjorie M. Shryock 1
- Harrison, James Findley, 1825-1907 1
- Horton, Elizabeth 1
- Hutchings, John, 1836- 1
- Lawrence Public Library (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Pillsbury (Family : 1800?- : Pillsbury, Stephen) 1
- Quantrill, William Clarke, 1837-1865 1
- Robinson, Charles, 1818-1894 1
- Shane, James Boucher, 1840-1913 1
- Shane, Missouri Lee, 1846-1906 1
- Shane-Thompson, Juno Belle, 1873-1953 1
- Simmons & Leadbeater (St. Louis, Mo.) 1
- Thompson, Herbert, 1871-1929 1
- University of Kansas 1
- Walker, Robert John, 1909- 1
- Weston family. 1
- Weston, Mary Pillsbury, 1817-1894 1 ∧ less