Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Diary, January 17, 1857 to April 12, 1857; with a partial address and account book, circa 1854-1857? Account of Lathrop Bullene's journey to Lawrence in the Kansas Territory, starting from Richmond, Illinois. Various addressees, accounting notations, and itineraries are written at the front and near the end of the diary. The collection also includes a telegram sent by W.M. Johnson to Bullene after Quantrill's raid, reassuring Bullene that his family was safe.
This collection includes Lewis Timothy Litchfield's diary, 1854-1855, containing an account of his trip and settlement in Lawrence, Kansas, as part of the second Emigrant Aid party, and a certificate presented to Litchfield from his English study at Cambridge High School in Massachusetts.
This collection consists of photocopied family correspondence from the 19th century, including family members who lived in New York City, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Kansas before, during, and after the United States' Civil War.
- Emigration and immigration 2
- Diaries 1
- Family archives -- Kansas 1
- Kansas -- Description and travel 1
- Kansas -- Emigration and immigration 1
- Kansas -- History -- 1854-1861 1
- Kansas -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Lawrence (Kan) -- Description and travel 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Lawrence Massacre, Lawrence, Kan., 1863 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Women artists 1
- Zeandale (Kan.) -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Bullene, Lathrop, 1826-1915 1
- Horton, Elizabeth 1
- Litchfield, Lewis Timothy, 1838-1861 1
- Pillsbury (Family : 1800?- : Pillsbury, Stephen) 1
- Weston family. 1
- Weston, Mary Pillsbury, 1817-1894 1 ∧ less