Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Lawrence Alliance of Lawrence, Kansas was formed in 1991 to promote appreciation for diversity, strengthen race relations, and discourage discrimination within the Lawrence community. These two form letters, dated October 1994, announce the Alliance's upcoming community events.
Photocopy of a 3-page typescript manifesto read to the congregation of the First United Methodist Church (Lawrence, Kansas) on Sunday, May 10, 1970, by Bryce Rivers, Chairman, Coordinating Committee for the Black Community. Alleging the church's world-wide exploitation of African Americans, the manifesto demands payment of $75,000 in reparations for Lawrence's 3,000 African American residents.
Bachelor of arts honors thesis, University of Kansas, 1975.
"The Legacy of the Lawrence League for the Practice of Democracy: the Lawrence Community Nursery;" a paper
The paper is a copy of Kathleen Ryan's paper on the Lawrence (Kansas) Community Nursery.
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Race relations 4
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Lawrence 3
- African American children -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- African American parents -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Businessmen -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Civil rights -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Race relations -- Economic aspects 1 ∧ less
- Coordinating Committee for the Black Community (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Dowdell, Rick D. 1
- Girard, James Preston, 1944- 1
- Johnson, John Thomas, 1943- 1
- Kansas. Office of the Attorney General 1