Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
These materials relate to Lawrence-Douglas County, Kansas, planning initiatives in the latter part of the 20th century and development oversight. The collection includes photographs, photo-lithographic aluminum plates, and negatives, as well as printed material.
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office implements city and county comprehensive plans by developing and administering zoning codes, regulations, plans and policies. It guides land use planning principles and practices and supports city and county commissions, including the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission. These records document city and county planning for the 1980s which include the redevelopment plans for downtown Lawrence, Kansas.
Nancy Shontz served on the City Commission of Lawrence, Kansas, from 1981-1985, and worked actively with the Lawrence Preservation Alliance and the local chapter of the League of Women Voters. The collection contains her papers regarding these activities as well as other city- and county-related issues.
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Economic policy 2
- Land use -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 2
- Transportation -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Planning 2
- City planning -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- City planning districts -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Urban runoff -- Management 1 ∧ less
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission 2
- Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office 2
- Lawrence (Kan.). City Commission 1
- Shontz, Nancy, 1927-1999 1